ParkingEye Fine

Just received a letter from these con merchants, they say I have to pay £60 or £100 if I wait over 14 days. They have a picture of us entering the car park at 6:45pm and leaving just before 9pm, a 2hr limit which we broke by around 14 minutes.

Bare in mind that we had elderly passengers with us and we had parked here because it was close to the restaurant we were going to which was next door. It was also night time where every shop on the retail park was shut and the car park was completely empty so is it worth appealing? I've read a load of stuff online and people seem to get mixed results.

How the hell can they justify a £60+ loss/charge for going 14 minutes over in a FREE empty car park when all the shops there were shut? They apparently manage it on behalf of the companies there to manage abuse so how does it apply when those shops are shut?

I've read a lot of people just bin the letter but this company in particular seem to pursue to court and also seems to get CCJ's issued against people. Some have been lucky though and won appeals on the basis of the company couldn't arrive at a reason for it's charges, particularly for night time parking like with us.

Anyone have any experiences with this and this company?
Sounds like Care Parking or some such cowboy outfit. Pay the discounted fee explicitly under protest, without prejudice in order to reduce your liability - then take them through POPLA and if that proves unsuccesful make an online County Court Money claim (£25) for a refund on the basis of the Equality Act (2010) and their duty to make reasonable adjustments to their policies in respect of vulnerable people with mobility problems. Works every time - you get for PCN fee back + the court fee.

Last edited:
there’s always one.
About three years behind the law.
This is it.

You are wrong. I got a pcn about a year ago, I won't bore you with the incident but I refuse to pay and have completely ignored all correspondence. They still haven't done anything besides threaten me. I ain't paying!

For future reference, tell them you got the runs just before leaving the car park and had to look for somewhere quiet to shit.

A doctor’s note, fresh stool sample and expensive lawyer will all help.

Last edited:
I got one of these from parking in the morrisons in Penrith one sunday night.

I just sent a letter to the store manager that as a valued customer of theirs, I would no longer be shopping there and besides the store was shut anyway.

I got a nice polite letter back off the store saying it would go no further and the fine would be cancelled.

Worth sending a letter to the store manager explaining your situation.

You are wrong. I got a pcn about a year ago, I won't bore you with the incident but I refuse to pay and have completely ignored all correspondence. They still haven't done anything besides threaten me. I ain't paying!

It's not wrong though, more of these firms are taking people to court if you just completely ignore them. A well structured appeal letter is normally more than suffice to get the ticket dropped anyway.

Just received a letter from these con merchants, they say I have to pay £60 or £100 if I wait over 14 days. They have a picture of us entering the car park at 6:45pm and leaving just before 9pm, a 2hr limit which we broke by around 14 minutes. It cost them

Bare in mind that we had elderly passengers with us and we had parked here because it was close to the restaurant we were going to which was next door. It was also night time where every shop on the retail park was shut and the car park was completely empty so is it worth appealing? I've read a load of stuff online and people seem to get mixed results.

How the hell can they justify a £60+ loss/charge for going 14 minutes over in a FREE empty car park when all the shops there were shut? They apparently manage it on behalf of the companies there to manage abuse so how does it apply when those shops are shut?

I've read a lot of people just bin the letter but this company in particular seem to pursue to court and also seems to get CCJ's issued against people. Some have been lucky though and won appeals on the basis of the company couldn't arrive at a reason for it's charges, particularly for night time parking like with us.

Anyone have any experiences with this and this company?
Generally if you take it to the parking tribunal they forget it because the costs of fighting it often exceed the fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.