Parklife Weekender question

yatesy94

I'm sure there's bound to be a few bluemooners off to this years Parklife festival on Saturday and Sunday at Platt Fields park. Never been before and am hoping to catch a handful of acts, but there doesn't seem to be a time schedule I can find anywhere on their official website or Facebook page. I do recall them saying somewhere that the bigger acts for instance 'The Flaming Lips', 'Nero' and 'Kelis' will be starting earlier however I've not sure if this is actually the case. (I've just got a Saturday ticket as Sunday line-up didn't appeal to me)

Is anyone going this year that could help me out or direct me to a time schedule so I don't miss some of the bands I want to see. Thank-you in advance.

corky1970 said:
i was going to contribute until i found out the title didnt mean this was a "rapey" thread

carry on

its-alive.jpg

Hey mate.

I've not seen a list of who is on at what time. They normally sell those things you can put round your neck when you get in. I reckon Nero and Flaming Lips might clash on the Saturday. Kelis was on early doors last year, looks to be the same this year.

I know on the tickets it says 'headline artists on from the start', reckon that's a load of bollocks myself, especially for those you mentioned in your post.

I think the line up this year is amazing, much better than last year.

What did evryone think of this?

I thought they took the piss expecting you to wait so long to get in, and even have to wait to go get from the first few tents to the main stage/other tents. Reckon they got greedy and sold too many tickets.

Having said that Justice were amazing and saved it for me.

ultimateharold said:
I do know this, there was an immense amount of absolute clowns in Fallowfield because of it.
dont you mean an even bigger amount of clowns in fallowfield because of it

im from fallowfield so i can say that

Wafty Cranker said:
What did evryone think of this?

I thought they took the piss expecting you to wait so long to get in, and even have to wait to go get from the first few tents to the main stage/other tents. Reckon they got greedy and sold too many tickets.

Having said that Justice were amazing and saved it for me.

Yeah it was a pisstake. The police and stewards were useless, the queue was dangerous on both days. I don't know whose idea it was to funnel everyone through that tiny gap onto the bridge but they shouldn't be allowed to plan anything like that ever again. I'm just glad I wasn't on it when it collapsed. I heard two lads were seriously hurt but haven't heard anything since. I hope they're ok.

This was our second year there, we won't be going again, too many posh knobhead rugger buggers and wannabe gangster meatheads in vests.

But yeah, Justice were superb, I thought Busy P, before them, was ace as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.