Parklife

Went on Saturday and had a top day

Gorgon City's set was mint

Bit dissapointed in the venue as a whole, yes its just a park but I preferred Platt Fields, and it was a lot easier to get home cause it was nearer to Town

Plenty of nob heads on show, which isn't a surprise, far too many scousers as well all dressed the same

Beer prices were ridiculous, again not a surprise with a captive audience, but £4 for a 330ml can of Heineken is a joke, and £4.80 for a 330ml can of Desperados....they were the only lagers on show :/

All in all had a top day but can't say ill be in a rush to get a ticket next year

Yeah I noticed there was quite a lot of scousers.
There was a group of them near the woodthorpe pub yesterday about 2ish, a couple of them did over a tout, took all his tickets and money.

It did attract quite a lot of dicks.
We found a great spot yesterday by the main stage though, which looked a bit more friendly than certain other areas in the park.
Had a good laugh and it was much better than I thought it would be.
Shite lineup overall, but still had a great weekend.

The prices of beer was a joke, but to be expected.
Managed to sneak a few in myself yesterday, so wasn't too bad.

Also managed to blag a taxi on Victoria avenue and was back in stalyvegas in 20 mins after it finished.
Seemed like most were queuing in the park near sheepfoot late entrance, the queue for taxis looked fucking huuuuuge!

DannyBoy2890 said:
Yeah I noticed there was quite a lot of scousers.
There was a group of them near the woodthorpe pub yesterday about 2ish, a couple of them did over a tout, took all his tickets and money.

It did attract quite a lot of dicks.
We found a great spot yesterday by the main stage though, which looked a bit more friendly than certain other areas in the park.
Had a good laugh and it was much better than I thought it would be.
Shite lineup overall, but still had a great weekend.

The prices of beer was a joke, but to be expected.
Managed to sneak a few in myself yesterday, so wasn't too bad.

Also managed to blag a taxi on Victoria avenue and was back in stalyvegas in 20 mins after it finished.
Seemed like most were queuing in the park near sheepfoot late entrance, the queue for taxis looked fucking huuuuuge!

Don't mind them doing a tout over, i know its their job but they are f*ckin robbing bastards
Heard them offering £20 to a girl for a Saturday ticket, but they were selling them on for around £70 - £80

Yea line up was shite, Kaluki tent was the best tent IMO but it was too small. Spent most of the day in Metropolis.

Remember the main stage at Platt Fields was huge, big crowd at the front but then loads of pockets of people just sat around on the floor still able to watch and listen to the music
Wasn't enough room to do that from what I could see

Me and my mate got off about 10pm and managed to get a taxi pretty quickly and was home for 11.15
The rest of my mates left at 11, took them 30 minutes to get out the park and then had to queue about an hour for a taxi, got back to Stockport about 1.30am

Lad from macclesfield who was in hospital has passed away, was a blue too.

Disgusting that all he did was defend his girlfriend

forevermancity said:

Extremely depressing story:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/robert-hart-parklife-man-dies-7255797" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... es-7255797</a>

forevermancity said:

RIP

Hope the chav twats get their comeuppance, an absolute shit stain on society and Manchester.

Sad news,

I read in the MEN that they were scouse lads that attacked him too, I can't imagine this is going to help the Manc-Scouse love relationship.

The lad was one of my girlfriends mates, apparently he's a really sound lad

From what i remember of Parklife, there were about 10-15 scouse lads walking around in the same bright blue coats (as seen in the picture of the incident)

One of them tried jumping in front of me in the queue at the bar and i told him to f*ck off, gave me a bit of sh*t and then got back in line

It really is disgusting that a day that him and his Mrs would have been looking forward to for a few months has turned out like this

From the pictures it seems there were loads of people stood around the incident so hopefully they will find the scumbag and hang him by his bollocks

chris85mcfc said:
The lad was one of my girlfriends mates, apparently he's a really sound lad

From what i remember of Parklife, there were about 10-15 scouse lads walking around in the same bright blue coats (as seen in the picture of the incident)

One of them tried jumping in front of me in the queue at the bar and i told him to f*ck off, gave me a bit of sh*t and then got back in line

It really is disgusting that a day that him and his Mrs would have been looking forward to for a few months has turned out like this

From the pictures it seems there were loads of people stood around the incident so hopefully they will find the scumbag and hang him by his bollocks

I'm very sorry to hear about this poor lad - his family and friends must be devastated.

I'm sure all of us on Bluemoon hope they catch the culprit asap.

RIP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.