Parklife

The cctv picture of him getting kicked is awfull, how can so many people just stand there armsfolded and watch that happen?

Bluemoonie92 said:
The cctv picture of him getting kicked is awfull, how can so many people just stand there armsfolded and watch that happen?

There's a name for it which I can't remember but basically the more people there are witnessing a crime the less likely anyone will help because they all think someone else will step in. Hope the **** gets caught. I've been to nearly every festival and the only one I wouldn't go to again is parklife it's just rammed full of pissed/pilled up chavs.

Bluemoonie92 said:

Unfortunately nowadays people would much rather get their phone out to record incidents like this as opposed to helping someone.

Bluemoonie92 said:
The police have said that's a different incident. Unless there's another one going around that I've not seen.

Dubai Blue said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
The police have said that's a different incident. Unless there's another one going around that I've not seen.

Oh right, my bad. Still a valid point though, thoughts go to his family and friends.

The sad thing is that this festival is only going to attract dickheads from now on. How the crowd has evolved regardless of the line up just reminds me of Step Back. At first Step Back attracted students and a few clued up Manc scallies with the music being mainly southern styles of old skool. Bit by bit all the knobheads started coming who had no interest in the music. It got that big that they had to start putting on massive events at the Academy, but that resulted in behaviour like what occurred at Parklife. It ended up with a group trying to storm the door when it was on at Sankeys. There was never another Step Back after that.
Parklife will go the same way

Nightmare Walking said:
The sad thing is that this festival is only going to attract dickheads from now on. How the crowd has evolved regardless of the line up just reminds me of Step Back. At first Step Back attracted students and a few clued up Manc scallies with the music being mainly southern styles of old skool. Bit by bit all the knobheads started coming who had no interest in the music. It got that big that they had to start putting on massive events at the Academy, but that resulted in behaviour like what occurred at Parklife. It ended up with a group trying to storm the door when it was on at Sankeys. There was never another Step Back after that.

I can't see that happening mate

Sacha that runs Parklife, also runs Warehouse Project, which has also had its problems with drugs and violence in the last couple of years

Both Parklife and Warehouse started at much smaller venues, but due to huge demand they moved to bigger (worse) venues because its clear that they have a cash cow that they are happy to milk, and for that reason i cant see them stopping anytime soon

chris85mcfc said:
Nightmare Walking said:

I can't see that happening mate

Sacha that runs Parklife, also runs Warehouse Project, which has also had its problems with drugs and violence in the last couple of years

Both Parklife and Warehouse started at much smaller venues, but due to huge demand they moved to bigger (worse) venues because its clear that they have a cash cow that they are happy to milk, and for that reason i cant see them stopping anytime soon

It could well be taken out of his hands after the reports from Parklife. From the crushes getting out, to be people being bottled, stabbed and killed - it doesn't bode well and I'm sure the council will have something to say when it comes to applying for next years license. Sad really that we cant have any big events in Manchester without them being ruined. As someone who has been involved with clubland for over 15 years I have seen it many times with my own eyes. Fortunately most of it goes on at the door and those inside are non the wiser.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parklife-festival-attack-robert-hart-3678931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pa ... rt-3678931</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.