Parliament in general thread

The cameras were allowed in the Lords about five years before the Commons, which is odd given how many Peers enjoy catching forty winks. A few glasses of red at lunch, the heating system on full blast, and the gentle murmur of debate in the background, irresistible.
There us a reason why people look asleep.

There are speakers placed in the seats for those whose hearing is not the best. They lean into the speakers to hear more clearly. I have attended debates in the HoC and HoL and I asked the fella who was giving us the guided tour of Parliament why they were asleep and he told me about the speakers. If you look closely at the benches in both houses you can make them out, they look ornate fixtures, but they are speakers.

There us a reason why people look asleep.

There are speakers placed in the seats for those whose hearing is not the best. They lean into the speakers to hear more clearly. I have attended debates in the HoC and HoL and I asked the fella who was giving us the guided tour of Parliament why they were asleep and he told me about the speakers. If you look closely at the benches in both houses you can make them out, they look ornate fixtures, but they are speakers.
In this case, I don’t think Lord Young was making use of those facilities; he sat back down rather sheepishly and probably got back to counting them…

Amidst the shit politics and shit politicians at least we've still got pomp and ceremony. I get the tradition and all that but surely deploying all that manpower to transport a fucking hat is bad optics when the main message to millions of people is fuck you.

Amidst the shit politics and shit politicians at least we've still got pomp and ceremony. I get the tradition and all that but surely deploying all that manpower to transport a fucking hat is bad optics when the main message to millions of people is fuck you.

No matter how bad anyone's life is at least most of us have the dignity of not being a complete flunky like the pathetic cunts in that clip.

Every time we do this it seems ridiculous. But it all gets forgotten. We do need massive reform. Maybe Charlie will do it.
Charlie sounded borderline sarcastic yesterday. He didn't believe any of the shit he was reading out.

Charlie sounded borderline sarcastic yesterday. He didn't believe any of the shit he was reading out.
I thought it was more the subtle looks. Every time he raised his head from the speech to look at the audience, it seemed to suggest as if he was looking around for assurance that what he was reading was actually legitimate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.