Partner for Kompany - speculation

LoveCity said:
Mangala will definitely be the priority, every half-decent reporter has said we're going back for him. But if we don't get him (PSG are selling Alex to Milan and will want a replacement...), I hope the club has some good alternatives in mind.

Benatia, a United target, has been amazing for Roma, but I think is right-footed whereas Mangala can use both feet. How good is Van Dijk at Celtic, who we keep getting linked with?

Vertonghen is on my blacklist after possibly handing the title to Chelsea with that suicide pass at weekend when Spurs had been doing OK.

I really don't get the plaudits that Vertonghen gets, he is comfortable on the ball and he scores goals but I don't think he is anywhere near good enough as a defender to play for us, especially as Spurs tend to be difficult to deal with. For me he is a bit like his fellow North London based Belgian Vermaelen as they are both overly praised as they look good going forward but don't do the basics as a defender well enough to be top class players.

LoveCity said:
Mangala will definitely be the priority, every half-decent reporter has said we're going back for him. But if we don't get him (PSG are selling Alex to Milan and will want a replacement...), I hope the club has some good alternatives in mind.

Benatia, a United target, has been amazing for Roma, but I think is right-footed whereas Mangala can use both feet. How good is Van Dijk at Celtic, who we keep getting linked with?

Vertonghen is on my blacklist after possibly handing the title to Chelsea with that suicide pass at weekend when Spurs had been doing OK.
I think rekik is already better than van dijk and younger( and also left footed) that's why he has a cap for holland and van dijk doesn't. I'm not saying rekik should be our starting defender next season we should go out and buy a top class cb I'm saying he'd be a better option than van dijk

If we go for a CB in the summer would he not have to be English to meet the home grown rule? It looks like Lescott and Barry are leaving and there are a lot of rumours that Rodwell will be leaving. Plus the futures of Boyata, Wright and Guidetti are uncertain. Think we need 8 players trained in England.

dachoosen1 said:
If we go for a CB in the summer would he not have to be English to meet the home grown rule? It looks like Lescott and Barry are leaving and there are a lot of rumours that Rodwell will be leaving. Plus the futures of Boyata, Wright and Guidetti are uncertain. Think we need 8 players trained in England.

It's not a rule exactly, the restriction is that you can only name 17 non-homegrown and if you lack enough homegrown numbers, you have to submit fewer than 25 names.

Pellegrini historically likes a squad of 22 or so players, so in theory we could name 17 non-homegrown, 3 homegrown (but we'll have more I think), and then call upon a few good U21s (i.e. Lopes, Huws, Rekik) who don't have to be registered to have what he considers a full squad.

We named 15 of an allowed 17 non-homegrown this season but Nastasic counts next season (making that 16 of 17), so say we were to buy 3 foreign players over the age of 21 this summer, at least two non-homegrown players (like Panti, Dzeko or Demichelis) would have to make way.

Can watch Mangala and Fernando play for Porto now versus Napoli. ITV4.

Half time. Not sure what to make of both players. Mangala looks very powerful, but Napoli are playing typical cautious Benitez stuff so he's not coming under any pressure

Thiago Silva, Mangala, Hummels, Benatia, Vertonghen, Chiellini, Pique, Ramos, Subotic, Varane

Any of the above.

Possibly: Garay, Dante, Otamendi, Koscielny, Agger, Pepe, Barzagli, Vermaelen, Chiriches, Howedes, Caulker, Van Dijk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.