Partridge

Cannot wait for this. Seen it heavily promoted but doesn't actually say anywhere when it's actually being aired from what I can see

I'm a bit wary of this.
I'm a massive Partridge fan. The Day Today stuff with him was goodish, breaking the character in. KMKYWAP was superb, along with the Christmas special. Both series of I'm Alan Partridge are up there with some of the best stuff, ever (Fawlty, Blackadder II, Steptoe), but these were done by the same writers, and each episode is a classic, which can be watched again and again .

A few years off, and the character is now done by different writers, and it's nowhere near as funny, for me. I've seen most of the Mid Morning Matters episodes once, and once only. They're merely OK. Likewise the film.

I just hope this new venture, gets back to the old days.

I'm a bit wary of this.
I'm a massive Partridge fan. The Day Today stuff with him was goodish, breaking the character in. KMKYWAP was superb, along with the Christmas special. Both series of I'm Alan Partridge are up there with some of the best stuff, ever (Fawlty, Blackadder II, Steptoe), but these were done by the same writers, and each episode is a classic, which can be watched again and again .

A few years off, and the character is now done by different writers, and it's nowhere near as funny, for me. I've seen most of the Mid Morning Matters episodes once, and once only. They're merely OK. Likewise the film.

I just hope this new venture, gets back to the old days.

Agreed. Hope im wrong but just cant see I’m Alan Partridge being bettered

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.