Pat Nevin - Which player is indispensable to city? Good watch

I must say I really enjoyed that and highlights what we are trying to do nice and concisely

One of the most notable things in the Wolves game when Stones was given a rest was how badly we missed him. Didn't retain the ball half as well and also missed his passes from the back launching attacks. Impressive how much he's improved from last season that he is now absolutely vital to the way the whole team plays.

Just posted this in the John Stones thread.

I must admit I'm not used to all this City adulation, my paranoia kicks in..."they're setting us up for a fall"

But Nevin has always been on the straight and narrow regarding City so let's enjoy it while we can.

i'm neither nor there with Pat Nevin but i couldn't agree more that there has to be an acceptance that we'll fuck it up every so often at the back, even gift the odd goal, but it's totally worth it on a season long view.

Can't remember which pundit called it correctly "high risk, high reward football"
pretty decent way of putting it!

that Napoli game probably pushed people to their limits with it, but was a good example of treading the line between instilling a way of playing that will reap rewards and getting a job done in the here and now. The former will outweigh the latter, in time.

I love my centre halfs and love Stones..when he was available from Everton I was so excited..having watched him from Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.