Pathetic. Utterly pathetic.

There's a huge huge reason why this is just about the most pointless study carried out ever.

The moment one of those decisions changes, it has a knock on effect. Not just for that game but for the rest of the season.

Take Young's dive for example. If that decision goes the other way, then who's to say what the result might have been? United may still have won, yet with 11 men QPR might have won, it might have been a draw. Let's say that Fulham get that penalty and that game was a draw, then the pressure is off us a bit as the point gap widens and then it mentally changes not just that game but our game as well. Maybe with this new mentality we'd have beaten Arsenal? Sunderland?

Butterflies and hurricanes and all that jazz.

It was interesting to hear the guy who has done this study on the radio saying that it includes the assumption that all penalties are scored.
How does anyone know that every penalty utd or anyone elso would end in a goal. The whole concept is a nonsense and others make a fair point that nobody can ever say that had the decisions been different it would still have ultimately led to different results. No study can say that.

MCFC BOB said:
So much for the Agenda.

I don't believe in any agenda but I'm still struggling to wrap my head around which decisions they've made which have led to this conclusion. I can't think of many points that would have gone against us, and the only decision I could think of which stopped United getting 3 points was the handball at Wigan, but then Wigan should have had another goal anyway.

In fact it is so wildly up for interpretation that it leads me to believe that they already had their conclusion and came up with a system that got them to it. Let's face it, a headline saying "City would have still won" is just not as interesting is it? It would make the whole study a waste of time.

Looking at this a bit closer, their conclusion has been reached from the following games:

Rags 3-1 Chelsea +2 points
Stoke 1- 1 Rags -2 points
Rags 1 -1 Newc -2 points
Rags 2-3 Blackburn -1 Point
Chelsea 3-3 Rags - 2 points
Rags 1-0 Fulham +2 points
Wigan 1-0 Rags - 3 points

So, they benefited against Chelsea at home (2 offside goals) and Fulham at home (the stonewall penalty not given).

But some of the rest is just bollox. For example, in the Chelsea away game this survey reckons they should have got another penalty. There is no mention that of the 2 penalties they did get at least one (the 2nd) was not a penalty in a million years.

But the most outrageous is the conclusion for the Wigan game away. Yes, 2 decisions went against them and they were unlucky not to get them. But FFS Wigan had a perfectly good goal disallowed and Evans should have been sent off and these aren't factored in.

I think it's all a good laugh. Rags at work today got themselves into such a frenzy that they were convinced us losing to QPR was the most likely result. Panic well and truly set in. How many trophies they gonna win in the next ten years? I'm confident it won't be as many as us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.