Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

without a dream

Being played offside by Martin Demichelis
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...to-join-manuel-pellegrinis-side-10322075.html

Relevant parts from the article below. The author is a blue so doubt he'd just write bullshit for the sake of it.

Manchester City are closing in on signing teenager Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

The 18-year-old winger is in high demand and has just one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage. All of the top Premier League clubs are interested in the England Under-19 international but City last night have moved into pole position to bring him to Manchester.

Roberts started just three games last season as Fulham struggled to adapt to life back in the Championship, and had to fight to stay in the division. The west London club had hoped to convince Roberts to commit his future there, offering him a new long-term contract, but City were last night close to winning the competition for his signature.

Roberts was part of the Fulham side that lost to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup final last year but is yet to be given an extended run in the Fulham first team.

At City he would join up with Patrick Vieira’s Elite Development Squad. But the teenager is confident he could eventually break into Manuel Pellegrini’s first team. City are keen to sign more young English players this summer – they have already made an official approach for Raheem Sterling – and Roberts would fit the profile of what they are looking for.

I can't say I remember seeing him play but he's always talked about as very highly rated.

Patrick-Roberts.jpg

What an incredible bunch of attacking options we will have at kids' level.

What the fuck are we going to do about it though ? If we sign the 3 mentioned & Firminho as well, it savagely cuts down their chances. I actually hope we only bring in 3, not 4. One of those kids at least, is going to be a star & I want to see some of them play from time to time.

If Sterling was a City player, he would still be a nervous kid awaiting his debut, not an England player getting transferred for 40 million quid.

What the fuck are we going to do about it though ? If we sign the 3 mentioned & Firminho as well, it savagely cuts down their chances. I actually hope we only bring in 3, not 4. One of those kids at least, is going to be a star & I want to see some of them play from time to time.

If Sterling was a City player, he would still be a nervous kid awaiting his debut, not an England player getting transferred for 40 million quid.
Fuck Firmino off. He's a squad player at best imo and we should be saving the free spots for first xi quality.

Ha ha I remember them saying exactly the same about Buster Phillips before he came!..... I hope this new lad is a success.. And why the fuck am I having to sign back in every time I've been away from the site even when I press keep me logged in!?! Aaaaarghhhhhhh!

I personally think that sterling would have shown enough to have got a chance ,

I personally think that sterling would have shown enough to have got a chance ,

How ? By being brilliant every week in the EDS or Youth team, like Barker, Ambrose, Boadu, Angelino, Maffeo, & 5 or 6 others have done all season & not even got 5 minutes in a cup game between them ? Sterling was already learning his trade in the Prem, & has a two year start.

How else would he have got into City's team, other than by impressing in the EDS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.