Patrick Roberts

Excellent and exciting young player, if we can get him for £5-7m I say go for it. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't (that kid United signed from Crewe comes to mind), but at a modest fee like that it's worth the risk.

Would still like it if we made a run at Will Hughes as well.

abellwillring said:
Excellent and exciting young player, if we can get him for £5-7m I say go for it. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't (that kid United signed from Crewe comes to mind), but at a modest fee like that it's worth the risk.

I think Will Hughes is vastly overrated tbh, he doesn't look any better now than 4 years after his debut (aged 16). Much rather we went after Ward-Prowse, he looks a real talent whereas I think Hughes would just be another letdown like Rodwell or AJ.

callumcity said:
abellwillring said:

I think Will Hughes is vastly overrated tbh, he doesn't look any better now than 4 years after his debut (aged 16). Much rather we went after Ward-Prowse, he looks a real talent whereas I think Hughes would just be another letdown like Rodwell or AJ.

I like Will Hughes but he needs to step up to the Premier League now to go up to that next level.

Ward-Prowse is very promising but way off being Champions League quality just yet, he isn't a regular at Southampton and I don't think he knows if he is a number ten or a deep-lying playmaker and I don't think Koeman knows yet either, I would give him another season or two at Southampton to develop.

He came on as sub for Fulham against us at home last year and immediately sent Zabba for the pies.

I think he only did it once though!

callumcity said:
abellwillring said:

Hughes is only just 20 and has just won player of the season at Derby. He doesn't score 15-20 goals a season, so he's naturally not made many headlines, but he's a classy performer, keeping the play ticking over in the manner Carrick does.

He will perform better at a higher level with more talented players around him. The Championship is a tough league, and to play the game he does in there is superb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.