Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The £10M fee means we will book an 8 or £9M profit for that sale this year. Good business.

You know what, if we sign Marez and Jorginho and we sell, Roberts, Zinchenko,Gunn in addition to Maffeo and Angelino we are looking at maybe a nett spend of around £50 million.
This would be exceptional business from us.

So other than Foden, are we just going to sell all our young players and replace them with expensive, pre-established names?
My answer - no

But we will only keep players that will genuinely have a chance of making our team.
The football model going forward will be to accumulate players you can make a profit on, loan them out, take the profits and invest in better talent. This is the foundation of FFP which people never took into account - Chelsea were ahead of the curve with it, hence the numbers they have on loan, we're not far behind with our link ups

Oh and I wish Roberts all the best - our willingness to include him in the deal should tell us something don't you think

So other than Foden, are we just going to sell all our young players and replace them with expensive, pre-established names?

There are quite a few on here who get a bit of a hard on for our academy players.

I must have said this a million times. It's there purely to churn profit on players or create good enough ones to be make weights in our transfer business.

The latest and greatest examples are Angelino and Maffeo. A few others as well taking our player revenue to around 40 million. A nice sweetener and certainly helps balance the books when dealing with the real shit, like Mahrez.

Some may make it, but it'll be an extremely minimal amount.

In respect of 'replacing them with pre established players', well they were never there in the first place, to get replaced.

Roberts is not an academy player. Just want to clear that up.

He probably has no future here, but I'd hope the club to sell him for atleast 15m, or 10m with sell-on clause.

Roberts is not an academy player. Just want to clear that up.

Neither was Emery. In respect of the business model it really doesnt matter. They'll never play for us, whether we get them at a young enough age to go into the academy or we buy cheap to loan then sell.

So we buy him for 12m, loan him for few years and then sell him for 10m !

I hope we loan him to PL club this time ( I know he preferred Celtic last time) but I am sure his value will be more than 10m if he play 1 season in the PL.

Complete overreactions about losing a mil or two on this one IMO. How much have we gained on Leroy, Raz, and GJ? There’s at least 250m and we spent what 115ish? What’s KDB worth? 175m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.