Paul Dickov

cyberblue

On Telly this Morning . Now at Derby . He Scored THE Goal for us 10 years ago but as a striker his goal ratio was not very good ,but fair play to him he is 36 now kept himself fit & earning a living .

cyberblue said:
On Telly this Morning . Now at Derby . He Scored THE Goal for us 10 years ago but as a striker his goal ratio was not very good ,but fair play to him he is 36 now kept himself fit & earning a living .

Paul Dickov's now at Derby County? didn't know that.

Yes , he is at Derby ....... i saw him scampering around the pitch on that new lower league football highlights programme that's on.

I like Dickov ..... he's one of the few players around today that seems to play football just for the 'love of it' ...... you never hear of him demanding this and that , he just gets on with it ..... great character , and he'll always love City.

black mamba said:
Yes , he is at Derby ....... i saw him scampering around their pitch on that new lower league football highlights programme that's on.

I like Dickov ..... he's one of the few players around today that seems to play football just for the 'love of it' ...... you never here of him demanding this and that , he just gets on with it ..... great character , and he'll always love City.

Great stuff. I didn't realise he was now at Pride Park. As my Grandparents (on Dads side) were from Burton and huge Derby fans when they were alive I have a soft spot for the Rams.

I was walking to the bolton game last season, and a taxi pulls up on side of road, and paul jumps out in a suit and walks casually to the game and i was the only person that spoke to him, nobody even looked at him, poor bloke. he's a legend in my eyes and i was disguisted at the hundreds of other fans that walked past him without even blinkling an eye-lid.

I said to him "hope you've brought your boots" and he just said "oh, i wish i could"

He appeared on the pitch with other legends and the crowd didn't even acknowledge him either, there was just a chorus of andy morrison.

He is one of my all time favourite players. and quite often craig bellamy reminds me of him.

Dickov, hope you show em how its done at derby, wish there was more players like you. Your playing because you love it, even if you play shit, you enjoy playing and you play again and again, most players give up when they're shit, live off the millions they've earnt/begged for during their playing career then do some sad tabloid columns and some tv pundit work. but you mr dickov are an inspiration. and a breath of fresh air to the modern, money grabbing, sissy world of footballers.

thing that grates me with dickov is those daft celebrations he did for leicester when he scored against us, sliding on his knees clenching his fist like he did at wembley. for a selfconfessed city fan there was no need at all. can remember him warming up the season after and copping a load of abuse from blues in the colin bell stand and actually getting booed when he come on. still a legend but something that sticks in my mind.

warpig said:
thing that grates me with dickov is those daft celebrations he did for leicester when he scored against us, sliding on his knees clenching his fist like he did at wembley. for a selfconfessed city fan there was no need at all. can remember him warming up the season after and copping a load of abuse from blues in the colin bell stand and actually getting booed when he come on. still a legend but something that sticks in my mind.

This 100%

As much as he did for the club that day at Wembley, i just think he was stupid to come back to us and do that.

Sorry spoilt it all for me when he did it, and i will never forget it :(

warpig said:
Forgot he did that actually. Seemed so unusual at the time, that he would do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.