Paul Lake book signing today

big gaz

Well I took the clubs advice and got to the store early and made my purchace I then had a hour to kill. So I was having a nose at some of the new gear and theres our Paul, so after a 5 minute natter and getting the book signed I'm back in Failsworth about to start the first chapter.
Cheers Paul ( top man ).

Went with two of my lads earlier to get a book and meet Lakey. What a top guy he is. He took the time to have a good chat with everyone who was getting their book signed.

I mentioned to him that I'd wanted to bring my testimonial programme and a thing from the 1985 youth cup to get signed but I hadn't managed to find them in time. SO Paul said just come down to city any time and ask for him and he'd come and sign them for me no problem. Top guy and looking forward to a good read.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
damn, meant to go to this but missed it......... is he at stockport tomorrow? if so does anyone know where / time?
He is at Market St store tomorrow I think, I met him today what a really nice bloke will start reading his book tomorrow.

Blue Maverick said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
damn, meant to go to this but missed it......... is he at stockport tomorrow? if so does anyone know where / time?
He is at Market St store tomorrow I think, I met him today what a really nice bloke will start reading his book tomorrow.

He is there tomorrow, Im going down myself to get a copy signed. He's doing a great job on Blue Tuesday and if Sky want some representation from City then they should invite him in as a pundit when we are on the telly. Chance of this happening, nish, he speaks far too much sense for those fuckwits

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/August/Paul-Lake-book-signing-dates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/A ... ning-dates</a>

Went yesterday - had left work early and read in the MEN he was in Market St. Got off the bus and got the next one back into town. Bit of a queue and it didnt move quickly - Paul took the time to speak to everyone individually, posed for pictures etc. A very humble man indeed. It was very well planned.
I've been to signings before when it is ''sign and out'' which is fair enough (especially if there are lots of people) but this personal touch made it special.
Read the introduction whilst in the queue and was already getting watery eyes.....

shadygiz said:
Paul Lake
Morning all...signing books at WHSmith (Trafford Centre) at 3pm if you're in the area...Lakey

Hi shady,

Is this on Lakey's FB or twitter account? Do you think he will be ok with signing 3 books for me? Feel a bit cheeky asking for 3 but buying for birthday and Christmas presents (how cool is that already looking at Christmas presents before the kids go back to school!!).

Eccles Blue said:
shadygiz said:
Paul Lake
Morning all...signing books at WHSmith (Trafford Centre) at 3pm if you're in the area...Lakey

Hi shady,

Is this on Lakey's FB or twitter account? Do you think he will be ok with signing 3 books for me? Feel a bit cheeky asking for 3 but buying for birthday and Christmas presents (how cool is that already looking at Christmas presents before the kids go back to school!!).

it was posted on his facebook page this morning mate...i'm sure he'll accomodate you for 3 books....but i think he may personalise them (to fred, etc) to stop them being ebay'd ;p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.