Paul Merson

Guess it’s just me that has no issues with drinks and betting companies being required to tell us to drink or gamble responsibly then and leaving it at that. Both are only allowed to sell and market their wares to adults, not sure why we have to go any further lengths. I don’t believe either should be society’s moral arbiters.

I felt no sympathy for Merson at all. Bloke has lost £7m, I agree with him that he’s a **** for that and him having a cry on screen doesn’t change that for me.

Guess it’s just me that has no issues with drinks and betting companies being required to tell us to drink or gamble responsibly then and leaving it at that. Both are only allowed to sell and market their wares to adults, not sure why we have to go any further lengths. I don’t believe either should be society’s moral arbiters.

I felt no sympathy for Merson at all. Bloke has lost £7m, I agree with him that he’s a **** for that and him having a cry on screen doesn’t change that for me.
Agree broadly with what you say, but it doesn’t change my views on what I posted earlier. People need to take responsibility for their own actions, but gaming companies represent amongst the worst side of capitalism - and human nature: exploitative, predatory and avaricious, notwithstanding their legal status.

I agree he’s a **** of the highest order, can’t stomach the fucker

Agree broadly with what you say, but it doesn’t change my views on what I posted earlier. People need to take responsibility for their own actions, but gaming companies represent amongst the worst side of capitalism - and human nature: exploitative, predatory and avaricious, notwithstanding their legal status.
Absolutely, but they’re also there because humans want them.

Celebrities will sell their soul to anyone waving a cheque in front of them. All the Sky pundits will line up to advertise anything and everything. I'm pretty sure not one of them will give up the gig with gambling companies because one of their own blubbed on telly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.