Paul Merson

The only time true passion engaged his pea smacked out brain when was when we one the title. I'll always remember him for that.

Not defending him in any way but I wonder how much of what he said today was down to an agenda being set by others to get people talking because on my Sky Sports football app yesterday, Merson's predictions for the weekend games contained some rather gushing praise about Jesus:
Bit like the press, do you honestly think these people write their own stuff?

It's either been ghost written or he's that fucking dumb/smashed he can't remember what his thoughts were 24 hours ago.

If it was someone like Jenas or Neville saying that, I'd be pissed off. But I just don't react to what Merson says because he genuinely doesn't have the intelligence. Most likely he was told by Sky to provide the anti-Jesus, or 'atheist' if you will, viewpoint because they believe it's less interesting to watch if all the pundits agree on something. Also a large portion of their viewers support Liverpool, United and co and so it's important to cater to them by making them feel like they aren't missing out on a player. I suspect that what he said in his weekend prediction column is a more authentic reflection of how he really feels about Jesus.

It's all good, Gabi will probably have his first PL hat-trick by the time the year is out and then we'll see how Sky can put a negative spin on it.

"It's all well and good getting back-to-back hat-tricks but the real top strikers like Lewandoski can score five goals in ten minutes. Jesus just isn't good enough for this level." - Matt Le Tissier, October 2017.

Bit like the press, do you honestly think these people write their own stuff?

It's either been ghost written or he's that fucking dumb/smashed he can't remember what his thoughts were 24 hours ago.

In Merson's case, almost certainly not mate but, like Mars Llama said, I do think the tone of it is more indicative of his view of the player than what he came out with yesterday.

merson is a man who can't string a five word sentence together let alone give any in depth analysis on the industry he uses to be part of! It's quite sad really and what's more Sky know this. He is their joker, the one they know will trip up and make a fool of himself at least once during a show!
People need to remember the joke is on Merson, he actually thinks he is there to provide a valid opinion!

Don't hate merson, feel sorry for him!!!
We've all got that person we know, whether it be from a work group or social group that is just the group idiot, the one that your glad is there because his utter stupidity makes you and everyone else look better!

This is the idiot who said Pedro was twice the player of DeBruyne.
Enough said

merson is a man who can't string a five word sentence together let alone give any in depth analysis on the industry he uses to be part of! It's quite sad really and what's more Sky know this. He is their joker, the one they know will trip up and make a fool of himself at least once during a show!
People need to remember the joke is on Merson, he actually thinks he is there to provide a valid opinion!

Don't hate merson, feel sorry for him!!!
We've all got that person we know, whether it be from a work group or social group that is just the group idiot, the one that your glad is there because his utter stupidity makes you and everyone else look better!
Chris kamara can't be far behind nice enough chap but imagine him and Merson on mastermind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.