Paul Scholes - Has 'left' Oldham (p20)

What is your dislike?

Probably cos they took great pleasure in our demise and never missed an opportunity to rub it in. Their attendances trebled in the PL under Royle.. nowhere to be seen now. Then after all the shit we had to take they’ve got the nerve to turn up at the Etihad shaking their begging buckets when they were on the verge of going under. I would have a wry smile if they disappeared into non league, but even more so now that the 1 inch cock ginger pig might take them there

Not heard that before. However am aware of the time he tried to bribe Bury boss Bob Stokoe to "take it easy" against Leeds in a match Leeds needed to win to enhance promotion chances. Stokoe told him to fuck off, and reminded Revie about it after the 73 Cup Final.
I watched that final at home in Leeds, surrounded by a pile of loiners. When Porterfield scored, I went bananas. Didn't go down too well!

Probably cos they took great pleasure in our demise and never missed an opportunity to rub it in. Their attendances trebled in the PL under Royle.. nowhere to be seen now. Then after all the shit we had to take they’ve got the nerve to turn up at the Etihad shaking their begging buckets when they were on the verge of going under. I would have a wry smile if they disappeared into non league, but even more so now that the 1 inch cock ginger pig might take them there
But but but, they gave us Kenny Clements, twice!

But but but, they gave us Kenny Clements, twice!

In their defence it was only once, but they still managed to flog us a winger that was slower than my gran and didn’t have a trick despite being nicknamed Tricky

In their defence it was only once, but they still managed to flog us a winger that was slower than my gran and didn’t have a trick despite being nicknamed Tricky
Didn't we get him from there first time? Old man's memory playing tricks?
Rick Holden was the George Heslop of the wing.

Didn't we get him from there first time? Old man's memory playing tricks?
Rick Holden was the George Heslop of the wing.

No he came through our youth teams or whatever it was back in those days? Apprenticeship probably

No he came through our youth teams or whatever it was back in those days? Apprenticeship probably
Thanks for that. These days, I find it hard to distinguish between fact and fiction. I dreamed the other day that we once signed George Weah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.