Paulo Dybala

I think Paulo Dybala would be a great fit with us.

Trouble is I don’t think he is an out an out striker like we would need to replace Kun. More a shadow striker I.E Front Forward.

question then, would you move him to the flanks on the right or left and move Sterling to the middle as main Striker?

I like this player, but feel we have a few similar players already at the club so don’t see us bidding....
As a good as sterling is, and although he's improved a lot, still lacks composure in front of goal at times so just can't see him ever being relied on in that role especially when we have Jesus who as you pointed out is similar to Dybala in a way

For starters, no one can replace Aguero, no one. You don't replace players, you bring new players in and adapt to their individual strengths and weaknesses. Much like we do when Jesus plays, it allows us to press and create different types of goals and situations. Aguero couldn't do that, however he might have scored a screamer from 25 yards.
No. You do replace players when they retire or leave the club. If you want to keep the system, and Pep always do, you bring new player with same profile to replace the payer that left. Every new player brings something new and you try to use this and make your team better. You don’t change the whole system if other player press and create different type of goal situations. That is only one small peace of the puzzle. Dybala is only player who has Agüeros qualities and could replace him. I hope he’ll do.

If only we got Dybala instead of Bony. Not that I think there's much in this, Dybala would be amazing at City

If we did sign Dybala instead of Bony at that stage of the season we wouldn't of signed either Sterling or De Bruyne during the summer. As for now, he isn't the worst of suggestions just how much Juventus would want is the only issue.

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen of the two, I’d be far happier if we brought Dybala in this summer than Martinez.

I appreciate Dybala is 4 years older, but I’d love to see what he could do with the service he’d get at City.

No. You do replace players when they retire or leave the club. If you want to keep the system, and Pep always do, you bring new player with same profile to replace the payer that left. Every new player brings something new and you try to use this and make your team better. You don’t change the whole system if other player press and create different type of goal situations. That is only one small peace of the puzzle. Dybala is only player who has Agüeros qualities and could replace him. I hope he’ll do.
I completely disagree, that's just nonsensical. If you're only looking to replace, then you can never improve and if anything, will go backwards.

You will never find someone who can do what Aguero does better than Aguero or do what Silva does better than Silva or do what Toure did better than Toure or do what Kompany did better than Kompany. Those players simply do not exist.

You buy someone who will adapt to the system in some ways, while you adapt the system to them in some ways. To try and get the best out of the players at the club, everything else is just sentimental bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.