Paulo Dybala

He scored something like 22 in 30 in the league when he played as a proper striker. This season he's got 17 in 46 playing as 10/RW/False 9. He would have scored a lot more if Ronaldo wasn't there, he has to give up all free kicks and penalties (he's excellent at both) and obviously a lot of ball hogging.

£90m is a little high, but for £80ish he'd be brilliant value, especially given the alternatives.
Don't rate him that highly, but would definitely take him over Lautaro Muntari for sure.

Don't think we're really interested unfortunately, but if you don't watch him play it's worth checking out his goals, he hits the ball so early around the edge of the box, it's pretty unique.Worth watching just for the assist for Higuain at 3.20 or so aswell.

And you can see the goals he scored when he played as a proper striker were very different, a lot more inside the box, poachers goals, tight finishes.

Last edited:
Their wage bill after tax

Ronaldo - €31 - This is £965,000/ week in our terms
de Ligt - €8m
Higuain - €7.5m
Pjanic - €7.5m
Dybala - €7.3m - This is about £200k/week in our terms.
Ramsey - €7m
Rabiot - €7m
Bonucci - €6.5m
Sczezsny - €6.5m
Khedira - €6m
Costa - €5m - This is about £140k/week
Sandro - €5m
Cuaradro - €5m
Danilo - €5m

Ronaldo has really backfired on them. Imagine if we paid KDB more than Aguero, Sterling, Laporte & Silva combined? That's what they're doing.

And in return they do not get the old Ronaldo, 50 goals a season and pulling them through the CL.

They funny thing is that they thought he was the one who'd push them over the edge, but in the end they've screwed their own finances so much by signing him that they've weakened the team to the point where he can't do what they want.

It's been bad for everyone.
Since Cristiano Ronaldo signed for them, their results have been worse than before : losing the domestic cup, going out of the CL earlier.

However, they have been able to get big raise on their Jeep and Adidas sponsorships thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo. Worth it in the long run but it really cripples their ability to buy good players to surround him. With de Ligt, it seems they were right though.

Maybe, but there was also talk about him moving on last summer and it was both real and pretty close to happening by all accounts. He's talked openly about it. Spurs, United, and PSG were legitimately in for him at one point.
Yeah, it was reported PSG was trying to get him last summer and took Icardi only when Dybala decided to stay in Turin.

People shouldn't read too much into the seasons he plays with Ronaldo.

Someone said 11 goals and 11 assists? That's actually a fairly decent return for a team thats entirely in service to Ronaldo. He has dropped so deep and been their focal point in building up that he doesn't get to be a real striker.

If you want a comparison, think of Benzema, a brilliant false 9 striker (roams all across the final third), but had to play in service to Ronaldo at Madrid which hurt his numbers. Now being the main striker, he puts up great stats, which is no coincidence.

As shown above, when he plays as a true false 9 striker he is quite incredible. Now whether we need another player like him (or Felix) I don't know, but I don't see us ever being close to interested at 100m, the club just won't spend it.

70m and I think City would be interested.

People shouldn't read too much into the seasons he plays with Ronaldo.

Someone said 11 goals and 11 assists? That's actually a fairly decent return for a team thats entirely in service to Ronaldo. He has dropped so deep and been their focal point in building up that he doesn't get to be a real striker.

If you want a comparison, think of Benzema, a brilliant false 9 striker (roams all across the final third), but had to play in service to Ronaldo at Madrid which hurt his numbers. Now being the main striker, he puts up great stats, which is no coincidence.

As shown above, when he plays as a true false 9 striker he is quite incredible. Now whether we need another player like him (or Felix) I don't know, but I don't see us ever being close to interested at 100m, the club just won't spend it.

70m and I think City would be interested.

Dybala had 22 goals in the league the season prior to Ronaldo joining Juve. 52 in 98 league games in those first three seasons. 16 in 63 over the last two.

Benzema went from 11 goals and then 5 in his two final seasons alongside Ronaldo to 21 in each of the seasons since he left.

Two completely different players but, as you say, everything runs through Ronaldo when he's in the team and, in terms of pure goalscoring output, that is reflected.

Not to mention, a player's quality is never as easily quantifiable as that. Dybala has been brilliant again this season.

Dybala had 22 goals in the league the season prior to Ronaldo joining Juve. 52 in 98 league games in those first three seasons. 16 in 63 over the last two.

Benzema went from 11 goals and then 5 in his two final seasons alongside Ronaldo to 21 in each of the seasons since he left.

Two completely different players but, as you say, everything runs through Ronaldo when he's in the team and, in terms of pure goalscoring output, that is reflected.

Not to mention, a player's quality is never as easily quantifiable as that. Dybala has been brilliant again this season.
Your not really understanding what I'm saying.

Dybala has been brilliant this season, and has adapted to his new role well. But in this new role he scores less goals because the team plays in service to Ronaldo.

I made the comparison that Benzema was the same. Benzema did not score a ton of goals when playing with Ronaldo and Bale because he also adapted for them. He was still a brilliant player, always was, but he had to change. Now as the main man he is scoring goals again.

Re-reading your post, I think you were agreeing with me? Wasn't sure if you were making a counterpoint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.