Paulo Dybala

Your not really understanding what I'm saying.

Dybala has been brilliant this season, and has adapted to his new role well. But in this new role he scores less goals because the team plays in service to Ronaldo.

I made the comparison that Benzema was the same. Benzema did not score a ton of goals when playing with Ronaldo and Bale because he also adapted for them. He was still a brilliant player, always was, but he had to change. Now as the main man he is scoring goals again.

Re-reading your post, I think you were agreeing with me? Wasn't sure if you were making a counterpoint.

Yeah, I'm with you. Just adding a couple of basic numbers.

Your not really understanding what I'm saying.

Dybala has been brilliant this season, and has adapted to his new role well. But in this new role he scores less goals because the team plays in service to Ronaldo.

I made the comparison that Benzema was the same. Benzema did not score a ton of goals when playing with Ronaldo and Bale because he also adapted for them. He was still a brilliant player, always was, but he had to change. Now as the main man he is scoring goals again.

Re-reading your post, I think you were agreeing with me? Wasn't sure if you were making a counterpoint.
Reckon he spelt it out clearer than you.

I do like the kid - bit of a maverick. If the rumours of us wanting a false nine aare true, I think he could do it. There would be obvious concerns re his build for the premiership, but if he can do it in Italy..
Besides, I'm concerned that we are running our Argentine contingent rather low.

Their wage bill after tax

Ronaldo - €31 - This is £965,000/ week in our terms
de Ligt - €8m
Higuain - €7.5m
Pjanic - €7.5m
Dybala - €7.3m - This is about £200k/week in our terms.
Ramsey - €7m
Rabiot - €7m
Bonucci - €6.5m
Sczezsny - €6.5m
Khedira - €6m
Costa - €5m - This is about £140k/week
Sandro - €5m
Cuaradro - €5m
Danilo - €5m

Ronaldo has really backfired on them. Imagine if we paid KDB more than Aguero, Sterling, Laporte & Silva combined? That's what they're doing.

And in return they do not get the old Ronaldo, 50 goals a season and pulling them through the CL.

They funny thing is that they thought he was the one who'd push them over the edge, but in the end they've screwed their own finances so much by signing him that they've weakened the team to the point where he can't do what they want.

It's been bad for everyone.
It's nowhere near 975k. That's about 50m quid per year. More like 540k. Granted it's a lot but nowhere near a million per week

It's nowhere near 975k. That's about 50m quid per year. More like 540k. Granted it's a lot but nowhere near a million per week

Every reliable Italian source disagrees with you. His gross salary is reported everywhere as €55m per year, which is €31m net.

Still pretty cheap compared to Messi's guaranteed €71m salary before bonuses and image rights, which we know from his leaked contract.

Every reliable Italian source disagrees with you. His gross salary is reported everywhere as €55m per year, which is €31m net.

Still pretty cheap compared to Messi's guaranteed €71m salary before bonuses and image rights, which we know from his leaked contract.
My bad. I thought it was gross

I’d certainly be interested but hes another player who strongly favors one foot and we have too many of those already. I dont know how successful he could be in our league as a false 9 when everyone knows he’s trying to work it onto his left

Contract expires Summer 2022

Maybe we should wait for Sergio to leave first.

Having 3 strikers competing for 1 position is too much.

I’d certainly be interested but hes another player who strongly favors one foot and we have too many of those already. I dont know how successful he could be in our league as a false 9 when everyone knows he’s trying to work it onto his left
Yeah that's why Messi is one of the easiest players to defend against and Robben ooh Robben has had a terrible career. But I'm more than happy if you're not interested ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.