Paypal

Innsbruckblue

I would really appreciate anyone's help on this one.

A while ago I bought and paid for a laptop on ebay, but the delivery company fucked up and never delivered it. I contacted the seller and he promised to pay the money back into my Paypal account. He still hasn't done this, and I'm not sure if it's ok to give someone your Paypal account details. However, I have also lately had emails from Paypal telling me that someone's tried to access my account and that I should click on the link to confirm that it is mine.

My questions are:

Is it safe to give someone your Paypal account details so they can pay money into your account?

Are these Paypal emails real or, as my email account says, just phishing emails?

Surely someone out there can help me with this one?

I had an email from PayPal the other day as well, saying very something similar. I don't have an account......
If the email opens with dear customer or something similar, it's bollocks. PayPal emails always address you by you actual name. Have a nosey on their site, there is a prompt to forward the email to their fraud dept.
Dunno about the other bits though fella.

The best way to deal with this ,is send him via PayPal a "REQUEST FOR MONEY" e-mail.This will ensure that PayPal have his e-mail address.
Just go into your PayPal Account and click on the "REQUEST FOR MONEY" link at the top.Ask HIM for his PayPal Account e-mail address,so that you can send it direct.
This way you shouldn`t have any problems.If he`s reluctant then I smell a rat,mate.Good luck.

PS Ensure that you respond to him via your winning e-bay link and do NOT send it to his reply.Hope you understand ?

I've never needed to do it, but with PayPal you should be able to "Charge back" ie get your money back for goods or services not received. I'm sure it will be in the help section how to do it. Also, you should raise a case with eBay if you haven't received your item.

how long ago was a while pal open an item not received case as soon as because they have a set timescale only respond through the case and don't close the case till the moneys in your PayPal account it could take a while but as long as its over 15 quid you will get your money back it sounds a bit suspect if the laptop was over 50 quid and you didn't get a tracking number

and never open emails from PayPal eBay etc log into your account most of them are bullshit trying to get your details and if your not confident in spotting the fakes don't open any anything they need to tell you should come up when you log into your account I.e personal limit reached card expired etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.