PC Virus Help

davefrombury

Have a problem witha virus on MSN Messenger. Basically whenever I log in it sends a file to all my contacts asking them "do you think this picture of me looks ok?" I've tried everything to get rid of it my virus scan won't find it and I've reinstalled MSN - any ideas?

Try something called registry Magic or something like that. It sounds like the virus is embedded quite deeply into your system. You may even have to go in manually to root out the problem, but only if you know what you're doing.

Or, alternatively, flatten your drive completely, saving all the important stuff first on another drive and re-install the wanted components on your machine. When that's done and your happy, create a restore point then, so if you get a virus, like that again, you always go back to a time your computer was clean.

Or, create a 'ghost' for your computer.

I'm not brilliant on any of these things, but it's what people I know do and they have no problems.

Bigga said:
davefrombury said:
denislawsbackheel said:
what firewall, anti virus and anti spyware software are you using?

Mcafee Internet Security

I can't think of a single person that trusts McAfee! Nor Norton, come to think of it!

You want either Zone Alarm or Kaspersky.

Don't use zone alarm if you're running vista

davefrombury said:
Cheers mate I'm on XP - do you reckon any of these will find it?

If you can't sort it, you might be better off reformatting, you'd lose everything on your pc though. Or take it to System Addict in Heywood, they know what they are doing and are reasonably priced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.