PCP or PCH car leasing?

Lemon7277

Evening guys just after some advise on the pros and cons on PCH or PCP
I'm not the most clued guy on the planet on these things and all the figures I'm looking at are mashing my head on both options

My main aim if at all possible is not to pay another deposit at the end of the lease deal as I would handing the car back and would prefer to start again on a new deal obviously without the initial payment/deposit again

Any advice would be most grateful to try and understand it a little more

Evening guys just after some advise on the pros and cons on PCH or PCP
I'm not the most clued guy on the planet on these things and all the figures I'm looking at are mashing my head on both options

My main aim if at all possible is not to pay another deposit at the end of the lease deal as I would handing the car back and would prefer to start again on a new deal obviously without the initial payment/deposit again

Any advice would be most grateful to try and understand it a little more

You basically are paying the depreciation in price the car loses and more over the time period you keep it.

I have been on pcp cars for a good few years now.
I only ever put a deposit down on my first car - which was my old car in part exchange (and they gave me a cheque for 3000 as my car was worth more than the deposit) and my deposit on each one since is the equity in my car.

I have been on pcp cars for a good few years now.
I only ever put a deposit down on my first car - which was my old car in part exchange (and they gave me a cheque for 3000 as my car was worth more than the deposit) and my deposit on each one since is the equity in my car.
Good trouble free motoring with no sudden shocks to the budget and a shiny motor on the drive. You can spend £3-6k on something a bit older and sometimes do well, and others end up with a lot of repair bills. When it goes right you are quids in, when it goes wrong it smashes the household budget.
Basically with cars you never 'win', they are expensive but necessary. I'm thinking of going the PCP route now I'm doing less miles than I used to.

the benefits of PCP over PCH is that you can opt out and pay the balance, or two thirds in you can hand the car back. You might also have some equity at the end of the contract to use as a deposit on your next car. PCH is much more popular these days Though. It’s all fixed cost and more restricted with time and mileage, but generally better deals around. You can get deals including free insurance and free home chargers for EVs too at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.