PCP or PCH car leasing?

They are essentially long term hire schemes with most of the cost being based on depreciation.

The main difference between the two is that PCP gives the option (but no obligation) to purchase at the end of the term and PCH doesn’t. Monthly payments tend to be slightly lower on PCH.

You can pay as small or large a deposit as you like. Obviously monthly payments flex accordingly.

To anyone considering it, I’d recommend going on a site such as www.leasing.com and playing around with quotes. You can select different terms and deposits and see how the price changes for any given model. Once you’ve shortlisted, shop around to see if better deals are available elsewhere.

I’m in the same position and looking at Leasing. I’m back in the office now and would easily do over 12000 miles a year, so this would rule me out of this option. I’d like to start looking at cars Taft are one year old, but on monthly finance. Any recommendations on places to look for second hand deals?

I’m in the same position and looking at Leasing. I’m back in the office now and would easily do over 12000 miles a year, so this would rule me out of this option. I’d like to start looking at cars Taft are one year old, but on monthly finance. Any recommendations on places to look for second hand deals?
You can pick up 3 year 15,000 pa mile deals for less than £250 a month

Because of chip shortages. Same reason you can't buy Playstation 5s, Xboxs, Graphics cards for PCs, printers etc.

Nothing to do with that. I’ve been in the car game for decades and the manufacture I work for has had no problems with this shortage however stock is challenging at the moment being 110% over CAP for the last two to three months.

It’s down to a shortage on used car stock as most of the country are in false economy with COVID. Most people aren’t going away on holiday so money is burning a hole in their pockets. It’s not just the car industry. One poster posted above, mentioning a Rolex Submariner a watch you could purchase on the day! Not now, you’d be lucky to buy a oyster perpetual now without waiting years!

Builders are also booming, hotels in the UK, anything retail at the moment is booming. It won’t last though! Some tough years ahead and another resection is on its way.

Enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Leasing means you'll get a nicer car than you could afford (or want to spend) compared to if you had to buy outright. But will work out more costly overall (hence why all car sales people want you to do this).

Buying outright is costly up front, but far cheaper overall for 2nd hand cars. I prefer this option, I got a 3 year old car worth £45k new for £14k, will likely have it for around 5 years and sell for I expect around £7-8k - probably end up costing £1.5-2k/year with services etc. included, much cheaper than the PCP options I saw for similar cars.

So I’ve been toying with this for a year as my company lease runs out in September. I had pcp deals for 9 years then lease for the last 6. I prefer to have a new car every 3 years to avoid mot’s, increased running costs etc. I’ve just got a great deal from vanarama for a high spec vw t-cross with free insurance, maintenance package and free redundancy insurance for 295 a month. 750 up front deposit and 12000 miles a year allowance. Some really good deals on t-cross’s because they aren’t selling so well because the t-rock is more sporty looking and popular. Some great cheaper deals on other makes depending on availability due to Brexit. A toyota chr was 260 a month 6 months ago and now is 480 for the same car. Good luck anyway whatever you do. Hope that helps a little
A friend of mine sent me some vanarama links the other day and the T-Roc and T-Cross struck my eye.
I personally love the Toureg but they are way over my budget atm.
Could probably lay 2-3k deposit, but the T cross/roc's I was looking at were just over £200 pcm, but perhaps I was looking at the basic models (more of a nosey).

The old family car was a VW touran and was an absolute workhorse. Loved driving it (though it was a TDi so a bit of poke).
What's your monthly budget, what style of car are you looking for and what mileage do you drive in a year?
Probably much less that 12k miles per year, but perhaps over 6k. I've honestly not sat down and worked it out.
I have a different life now after a separation and living apart from the kids. Some plans to trek out across the country more so new territory really.

Small SUV (see above): VW T-roc, T-cross, Kia Sportage, Nissan Qashqi is my short(ish) list.
I've looked at a few others (Seat) but didn't turn my eye much. Want to keep it relatively sensible but had a bit of excitement when I walk up to it (and the kids like it too).

A friend of mine sent me some vanarama links the other day and the T-Roc and T-Cross struck my eye.
Could probably lay 2-3k deposit, but the T cross/roc's I was looking at were just over £200 pcm, but perhaps I was looking at the basic models (more of a nosey).

The old family car was a VW touran and was an absolute workhorse. Loved driving it (though it was a TDi so a bit of poke).

Probably much less that 12k miles per year, but perhaps over 6k. I've honestly not sat down and worked it out.
I have a different life now after a separation and living apart from the kids. Some plans to trek out across the country more so new territory really.

Small SUV (see above): VW T-roc, T-cross, Kia Sportage, Nissan Qashqi is my short(ish) list.
I've looked at a few others (Seat) but didn't turn my eye much. Want to keep it relatively sensible but had a bit of excitement when I walk up to it (and the kids like it too).

Vanarama are the ones doing a year free insurance and free home chargers on their electric vehicle offers too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.