PCP or PCH car leasing?

Thanks mate.
Seems if I were to play down a year's rental cost it brings the monthly price down somewhat (around £200).
I know from the past few years the cars we've had have had some steep garage costs and at 14 years old these cars are only going to get more creakier.

The Mazda CX-30 and Qashai look promising too (and the Sportage is pound for pound a very good motor).
Those and the VW T cross and T roc are the contenders, unless I see a great deal on a second hand (maybe 3/4 years old) but something with a nice warranty and the potential to not to anywhere near a garage would be nice.

Are Leaseloco and vanarama generally the places to look at?

I've actually always wanted a VW transporter Van (T5/6) as I've always promised my son we'd get one (and self convert for trips away), but that might be a couple of years off.

Thanks!

Thanks mate.
Seems if I were to play down a year's rental cost it brings the monthly price down somewhat (around £200).
I know from the past few years the cars we've had have had some steep garage costs and at 14 years old these cars are only going to get more creakier.

The Mazda CX-30 and Qashai look promising too (and the Sportage is pound for pound a very good motor).
Those and the VW T cross and T roc are the contenders, unless I see a great deal on a second hand (maybe 3/4 years old) but something with a nice warranty and the potential to not to anywhere near a garage would be nice.

Are Leaseloco and vanarama generally the places to look at?

I've actually always wanted a VW transporter Van (T5/6) as I've always promised my son we'd get one (and self convert for trips away), but that might be a couple of years off.

Thanks!
Leaseloco are a comparison site, they're not the agent
I would use their quote as a starter and approach the dealers direct and see if they can come up with a better price
I drive a kia Optima
Work gave me a budget
I looked at prices online, then walked into Arnold Clark Kia and they beat the online quote

A brief question to those in the know. My daughter is looking at changing her car.....She's got a bob or two saved up for a deposit for a house and I've told her not to touch it for the sake of a car. Is there any way that she could get a car ( new or decent second hand ) on some sort of deal whereby it wouldn't show up on a credit check when she goes for a mortgage.

A brief question to those in the know. My daughter is looking at changing her car.....She's got a bob or two saved up for a deposit for a house and I've told her not to touch it for the sake of a car. Is there any way that she could get a car ( new or decent second hand ) on some sort of deal whereby it wouldn't show up on a credit check when she goes for a mortgage.
I’ve leased for years and it’s never show on my credit checks, but obviously when you go for a mortgage they do an income and expenditure so she would need to declare it on that.

she’s probably best waiting until the mortgage has been approved before bothering with the car. It’s one less expense to declare

Mrs H just changed her 7 year old Mini for a 3 year old Merc A Class. Dealer offered 5300 for her car after I said we were looking for 5700, the price Autotrader recommended. It needed a bit of remedial work so we took the offer with a 100 extra. Imagine my surprise when Mrs H's old car went up for sale at the Dealership, 8,100, charlatans.

I’ve leased for years and it’s never show on my credit checks, but obviously when you go for a mortgage they do an income and expenditure so she would need to declare it on that.

she’s probably best waiting until the mortgage has been approved before bothering with the car. It’s one less expense to declare
She's not gone for a mortgage at the mo, she ( they) are still saving but looks likely it will be in the next year or so and any credit check that I know of will show finance on a car. Cheers.

If you have a big deposit PCP may be the way to go as your borrowing less, so are charged less interest.

Lease doesn't tend to matter really whether you pay 1 month upfront and a bigger monthly payment or 9 months upfront and a smaller monthly payment generally works out the same over the terms of the lease

Another thing to look at is leasing a car as the models due to change, I got my a5 £150 a month less than it's up for now as they wanted rid of the model as the newer model had a slightly different dash.

If you have a big deposit PCP may be the way to go as your borrowing less, so are charged less interest.

Lease doesn't tend to matter really whether you pay 1 month upfront and a bigger monthly payment or 9 months upfront and a smaller monthly payment generally works out the same over the terms of the lease

Another thing to look at is leasing a car as the models due to change, I got my a5 £150 a month less than it's up for now as they wanted rid of the model as the newer model had a slightly different dash.

I would not advise anyone putting in a large deposit on a PCP.

A PCP is designed to change your car every 3/4 years. So be mindful that the deposit you put in only affects the monthly payment and not a further deposit when it’s time to change. Many customers get confused with this and ask where has my deposit gone? The simple answer is that it’s given you lower monthly payments for your car for the past few years of owner ship.

The reason you shouldn’t put a large deposit is that when you come to change again, if you want a similar payment like you had previously then you will need to find the same deposit as last time, hence the reason finance companies only allow up to 35% deposit.

It’s also very rare to find equity at the end of a PCP as the GFV (guaranteed future value) is what they anticipate the car will be worth which is also dictated by the mileage you set.

Also do not set your mileage perimeters lower than you are actually doing as this will also affect you when you change.

A PCP is only suitable for people with low deposits and want to change every 3/4 years.

The other issue is indeed me wanting to eventually buy a house (I'm renting after the split).
But possibly rent for another year as it's just something else I don't want to get into at the moment.
Would struggle without a car though so sooner rather than later.

The point about going into a dealership (say Kia or VW) and seeing if that can beat the online PCP deals (is that right?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.