Peaky Blinders

bugsyblue

Anyone watch it tonight? Thought it was excellent! Some serious money has been spent but while a lot of shows that have big budgets it had the story to go with it. Could be one of the best British dramas in years.

shutterstock_640366.jpg

bugsyblue said:
Anyone watch it tonight? Thought it was excellent! Some serious money has been spent but while a lot of shows that have big budgets it had the story to go with it. Could be one of the best British dramas in years.

I agree .......

it got a great review on the radio station i was listening too the other day.

I thought it was bostin'. Large parts of it were filmed local to me at the Black Country museum, as well as in Liverpool. Not much filmed in Birmingham apparently, save for some of the canal scenes. It was good to hear the Birmingham accents were as near authentic as possible, instead of slipping into Black Country, which got me thinking, the Birmingham accent must be one of the hardest to get right. I'm ten miles away and I can't do it without going all Dudley and Tipton.

The series is based on real events, too. Scary place to be, inter-war Birmingham, by all accounts.

Top marks for the lead actors, Cillian Murphy especially. Thought the only downer was Sam Neill's Irish accent, which is odd seeing as he was born in Omagh.

i read that Sam Neill got trained by James "Rag Bastard" Nesbitt and Liam Neeson on his NI accent, but the producers told him to tone it down so the yanks could understand him when it is shown there.

Thought it was good. Cracking soundtrack too. I hope it keeps up to that standard through the next 5 episodes.

Was looking forward to this, but was a bit disappointed. Struggled to get past the shocking efforts at the Brummie accent.

I saw it and thought it was excellent.

I spent the best part of thirty years in the Transport/Logistics industry and heard accents from everywhere, everyday and I think I am a bit of an expert.

I thought that Cillian Murphy's was a bit poor and Sam Neill's was stunning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.