Pearl Jam: Twenty

argyle

Couldn't see a thread for this elsewhere.

Anyone catch the documentary Pearl Jam: Twenty on bbc4 the other day? What did you think? Tracked their rise from their early band Mother Love Bone and then some members became Pearl Jam and others Soundgarden.

Pretty good, and brought back memories of being the only one listening to them whilst others in my class at school were listening to shit like 2 Unlimited!!

I went to see it at the pictures, awesome documentary, but probably only for fans. I'm like you in that no-one else I know appreciates PJ.

There is another one I've heard. The start is quality but I can't remember the name of it. Any suggestions of which songs to give a listen?

It's definitely one for the fans, but I love PJ and they've put out some top records over the years. I'll never forget that MEN gig in 2000, they held nothing back and I absolutely buzzed off Yellow Ledbetter at the end. Just lovely.

Such an underated band! Versus is my personal favourite album of theirs.

Chungo said:
There is another one I've heard. The start is quality but I can't remember the name of it. Any suggestions of which songs to give a listen?

They have a double disc greatest hits package called Rearviewmirror, you should check it out!

johnny on the spot said:
It's definitely one for the fans, but I love PJ and they've put out some top records over the years. I'll never forget that MEN gig in 2000, they held nothing back and I absolutely buzzed off Yellow Ledbetter at the end. Just lovely.

I've got that one somewhere, they did a version of the La's Timeless Melody didn't they?

Can't remember off the top mate, it was a mental gig. They played some absolute classics, including Leatherman.

I was totally besotted with grunge, but Vedder singing 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' at a pro-choice benefit made me completely fall in love with him.

johnny on the spot said:
Can't remember off the top mate, it was a mental gig. They played some absolute classics, including Leatherman.

I was totally besotted with grunge, but Vedder singing 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' at a pro-choice benefit made me completely fall in love with him.

If you're without it, I'll dig it out and upload it for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.