Pedro Porro

Weve done some great business but then we did shell out 50-60m in fees and wages on this guy...

View attachment 12723
I see your point but to be fair, nobody was to know Mangala wouldn't settle down. He showed us glimpses of the quality he had and I maintain had we managed to get Kompany fit then those two could have built a solid partnership. Our defence for the majority of his time here was all over the place!

Should we just keep him when he returns next season? Sporting have a buyout for 8.5m, but we apparently have a buyback for 20m. If cancelo is destined for the LB position long term, and with walker being 32, keeping and integrating porro could be the play. He looks amazing for sporting and attracting the likes of real and atletico Madrid.

Should we just keep him when he returns next season? Sporting have a buyout for 8.5m, but we apparently have a buyback for 20m. If cancelo is destined for the LB position long term, and with walker being 32, keeping and integrating porro could be the play. He looks amazing for sporting and attracting the likes of real and atletico Madrid.
I don't see why he would give up first team football to be 3rd choice at City.

But he wouldn't be 3rd choice, he would be 2nd choice to someone who's 32.
Probably one of the fittest people in world football and Cancelo is backup RB no matter what. Pep would move Zinchenko back to LB and Cancelo to RB should the worse happen to Walker.

But he wouldn't be 3rd choice, he would be 2nd choice to someone who's 32.
Or he would be rotation rather than 2nd choice, plenty of games to be had and doesn't sound as shit as back up lol

But decmancity probably has the correct answer

It seems a bit odd that we offered him out so cheap, granted 20m isn't a great deal of money for a buyback either but it does seem a little like throwing money away for nothing.

The guy has made the full Spanish international squad, so obviously isn't shabby on the talent front.

It seems a bit odd that we offered him out so cheap, granted 20m isn't a great deal of money for a buyback either but it does seem a little like throwing money away for nothing.

The guy has made the full Spanish international squad, so obviously isn't shabby on the talent front.
Good relations with Sporting, he also came from Girona so the initial fee we paid is all still within the CFG pot basically.

Sporting also agreed to a buy back which most clubs wouldn't I reckon, so we take a few million "loss" here but you at least give yourself the chance to buy him back later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.