Pele

Le Havre Oswald

if pele was playing now, at the level he was in his prime not as a 75 year old, what standard would he be.

watching highlights of him,
although amazing for the time I don't think he'd get in any top 10 side. I may be way of the mark but whatever.

What do you reckon?

i actualy watched play for Santos against Plymouth .there were 36 thousand fans in the ground ,in my opinion one of the greatest ever players in the world

I think Pele & a lot of the old greats would be good but not great these days. The fitness & coaching side has come on leaps n bounds. If you watch videos of Pele dribbling he's class. Then watch them again from Alan Hansen's POV. some of the defending was shocking. It's the old story of you can only beat what's put in front of you but I doubt Pele would get as far vs modern defences. Nor would he have played for as long for a similar reason.

over 1000 goals thats one thousand, let that sink in ,without question for me the greatest

over 1000 goals thats one thousand, let that sink in ,without question for me the greatest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.