Pellegrini "Back me or sack me"

waspish

Manchester City's Pellegrini hands 'Back me or sack me' ultimatum to the owners

26 April 2014 11:00 PM By Steve Bates

Boss insists he won't change the tactics that could see the big-spending Blues end his debut season with only the Capital One Cup on the shelf
Michael Regan
Just for starters? Will Pellegrini be around next season to try to add to his only City trophy?
Manuel Pellegrini says Manchester City must show him the door and get a new manager this summer if they want to change their style, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

The Blues' boss is adamant he will not alter the way he plays the game next season if City fail to win the Premier League.

Pellegrini takes his stars to Crystal Palace for Sunday's late game , knowing City’s title hopes could be all but finished at kickoff if Liverpool beat Chelsea in the mid-afternoon match.

That will put him under scrutiny from the club’s owners if they decide only winning the Capital One Cup is a poor return for their mega-millions investment.

But Pellegrini said: “The way I want to win the title would be to be the best team of the year, to play attractive football for the fans, to be a team with character and personality.

“If that is not what is wanted then maybe another manager comes here who wants to play kicking the ball high, trying to score just one goal and the game is over, and every week complaining about the referee.

“You can have a little advantage with some unfair play but I don’t think it’s the way to do it.

“After the game at Liverpool it would have been very easy for me to talk about the referee. It was the most important game of the year but I didn’t say anything about the referee.

“I think the first year was a very good year in how the team has played ... we were the team that went far in all competitions and we are fighting for the title until the end.

“We were very unlucky in the Champions League.”

Pellegrini revealed that he congratulated several Liverpool players in the tunnel after City’s recent defeat at Anfield.

And in a possible dig at Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho, he added: “Every manager who is a sportsman knows what it is to win and to lose. There are different reactions when you win and when you lose and a sportsman must understand that the game is over.”

Should City sack Pellegrini this summer?
YES
NO

Re: Pellegrini

I see the writer is Steve masterBates?

The fat uncouth rag that makes even Custis look human.

What a load of moronic shit, "to add to his only one trophy", one more than 'wee' Davey after eleven years, not eleven months

waspish said:
Manchester City's Pellegrini hands 'Back me or sack me' ultimatum to the owners

26 April 2014 11:00 PM By Steve Bates

Boss insists he won't change the tactics that could see the big-spending Blues end his debut season with only the Capital One Cup on the shelf
Michael Regan
Just for starters? Will Pellegrini be around next season to try to add to his only City trophy?
Manuel Pellegrini says Manchester City must show him the door and get a new manager this summer if they want to change their style, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

The Blues' boss is adamant he will not alter the way he plays the game next season if City fail to win the Premier League.

Pellegrini takes his stars to Crystal Palace for Sunday's late game , knowing City’s title hopes could be all but finished at kickoff if Liverpool beat Chelsea in the mid-afternoon match.

That will put him under scrutiny from the club’s owners if they decide only winning the Capital One Cup is a poor return for their mega-millions investment.

But Pellegrini said: “The way I want to win the title would be to be the best team of the year, to play attractive football for the fans, to be a team with character and personality.

“If that is not what is wanted then maybe another manager comes here who wants to play kicking the ball high, trying to score just one goal and the game is over, and every week complaining about the referee.

“You can have a little advantage with some unfair play but I don’t think it’s the way to do it.

“After the game at Liverpool it would have been very easy for me to talk about the referee. It was the most important game of the year but I didn’t say anything about the referee.

“I think the first year was a very good year in how the team has played ... we were the team that went far in all competitions and we are fighting for the title until the end.

“We were very unlucky in the Champions League.”

Pellegrini revealed that he congratulated several Liverpool players in the tunnel after City’s recent defeat at Anfield.

And in a possible dig at Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho, he added: “Every manager who is a sportsman knows what it is to win and to lose. There are different reactions when you win and when you lose and a sportsman must understand that the game is over.”

Should City sack Pellegrini this summer?
YES
NO

Lazy journalism putting together sound bites from two pre match spiels with the first of them many bluemoons ago.

Of course MP wants the club to play good football whatever is meant by the term good.

I prefer he use the words winning football but what's in a word as someone once said.

he won't be sacked unless we finish fifth and even then I wouldn't bank on it.

out of nowhere....before a cruical match for us.....

color me surprised

The fat rag bastard then runs a poll to attract every troll on the net.
Pathetic journalism.

razman said:
out of nowhere....before a cruical match for us.....

color me surprised

Indeed....big game coming up - check,
Crucial part of season-check
Write shit to try and cause trouble-check

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.