Penalty Taker

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Southern, 14 Apr 2019.

1. Thomas Hearns

Thomas Hearns

260 mate including 58 penalties, I’m Alan Shearer

SWP COME HOME!! likes this.
  2. ali benarbia's studs

ali benarbia's studs

hey Alan, it s your round you miserable **** and dont do a runner like you did last time.

Thomas Hearns likes this.
  3. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Both Be Bruyne and Sane have missed for City, I’d leave it to Gundogan if he’s on the pitch

ManCityX likes this.
  4. cibaman

cibaman

He often has periods of hitting them very well. But then he goes through spells when his standards drop quite badly. Swansea, Chelsea and now Spurs were all poor penalties. But he's been here before and then gone on a run of excellent pens.

Gundogan is a better penalty taker but he's not as likely to be on the pitch. If Pep strips Aguero from the role of number one penalty taker, he might find that in the very next match he has to re-instate him despite the blow to his confidence. It seems to me that once he loses the role it would be difficult to go back to him.

5. SWP's back

SWP's back

Who has said that?

Take your straw man elsewhere.

One doesn’t have to be an expert at something to comment on those that are. I’m not as good as Peter Crouch either but it’s fairly easy to say he’s not as good as Aguero he’s better than Lee Bradbury.

6. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

When Yaya was on the field of play and we were awarded a penalty ,we knew the result, but Kun does miss a percentage and i am never confident when he steps up , if Gundogan was on the pitch i would give the spot kick to him everytime and have similar confidence i had with Yaya, but as others have said its quite unlikely Gundogan would play in the really big games and Aguero doesnt lack confidence so it makes sense for Pep to stick with Aguero and take the occasional miss on the chin. The poor peanlty against Spurs hopefully will not be costly and at least we have got a 2nd chance to put it right.

7. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

8. BlueBrain

BlueBrain

It’s not that. Usually 2 footed players are better at penalties as they are less predictable on which way they’re going to shoot.

9. Southern

Southern

I can only think of Andreas Brehme.

Even the most two footed players have a foot preference and will take pens with their more confident foot

10. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported:
    Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
    Kun needs to take our pens when on the field.

If Kun isn't playing - beats me.