Pension win

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blue Maverick, 16 Jul 2019.

1. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ector-workers-win-case-4bn-pension-boost/amp/
    You won’t have seen much of this in the news but firefighters have beat the government in a landmark case. I have to say it’s great to see them told to fuck off by the law of the land. It has huge implications for the public sector many of whom had their pensions stolen. The figure they are banding about of £4 billion is how much they’ve ripped off us. It will be interesting to see what happens next and how soon but they need to get a move on as the scheme they’ve forced me into is illegal.

2. Onholiday(somemightsay)

Onholiday(somemightsay)

So you've opened a can of worms that will bring the country to its knees in debt?

I'm joking - congrats......

3. hilts

hilts

That must be a relief fella, congratulations

Blue Maverick likes this.
  4. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Just when I needed cheering up I see this!

Well done to everyone in the fight.

SWP's back likes this.
  5. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Unfortunately with this government for every winner there will be a loser somewhere!

6. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

You’re a bit late with the news, this was settled a couple of months ago, and leave for appeal was refused more than two weeks ago!

I’d argue that the FBU didn’t win the case, the judges did, just the stupid government attached yours to judges case for their appeal.

PS the scheme isn’t illegal, it was the transitional protection that was deemed age discrimination.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2019
    SWP's back likes this.
  7. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

PPS, whilst I’m happy for you that you are happy, the judges and firefighters have just fucked up the teachers’ new pension scheme, which was an excellent scheme, cheers.

8. SWP's back

SWP's back

Hopefully the loser owns a yacht though.

remember arthur mann likes this.
  9. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

They won’t be happy with that! Imagine having to downsize your yacht to keep those peskey firefighters happy!

Mike Brock likes this.
  10. Corky

Corky

Seems like 1911 again in some ways, but the other way around, and if Judges take the Government to court meaning a big defeat for the Government, then surely they will just end up reforming the Judicial system.

Those who started on the CARE pensions will end up paying more for those who were on final salary without transitional protection, so inevitably just more indirect age discrimination. People whose scale point doesn't increase but do overtime actually benefit from CARE in a lot of cases as there were no employers' contributions for overtime for a lot of public sector workers before CARE.