Pensioner arrested for murder

Looks like he challenged the burglar and went OTT with a knife. Lots of people will probably be saying the burglar got what he deserved but it does sound like the guy went OTT and stabbed him to many times? Hence the murder charge. Not in the camp that says he got what he deserved I am afraid. Not a bleeding heart liberal either.

Burglar was armed with a screwdriver, shouldn't end up with him being charged.

Looks like he challenged the burglar and went OTT with a knife. Lots of people will probably be saying the burglar got what he deserved but it does sound like the guy went OTT and stabbed him to many times? Hence the murder charge. Not in the camp that says he got what he deserved I am afraid. Not a bleeding heart liberal either.
A decent lawyer would be able to argue adrenaline and stress etc leading to him stabbing too many times.

Also wasn’t a knife was it?

The burglar had a screwdriver?? Thought they said the pensioner was taken to the kitchen and used a knife?

Arrested but let’s see if the CPS touch it.

I doubt it.

Me too, 78 year old being robbed by 2 men in his own home, at least one of them armed.
The guy must have feared for his life.
No sympathy for the dead guy.

Surely it would be manslaughter and not murder, thought murder was premeditated intent ?

Something similar happened to my friend’s granddad in the late 90’s. (big mistake as he had raised 8 handy lads and had a background in the armed forces). He disturbed a burglar in his home who attacked him with a iron bar to get away, my mate’s granddad reached for a knife from his knife block, stabbed and subsequently killed the burglar. He was acquitted as he hadn’t acted in a premeditated manner. I’m not sure if the law has changed in this respect?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.