People 'can't wait for ID cards'

preston_blue85 said:
Well the last terrorist were from Leeds and London, so tell me how this is going to stop terrorism.

I think we should probably kill all muslims to ensure we eliminate terrorism. Also I'd like all gays to be killed as they spread aids, black people are all criminals too so get rid of them. I dont like women either so do away with them.

Funny thing is a few here will actually agree with me on those points.

I'm in such a rush to get my i.d. card i've already commissioned a forger to knock me one up. He managed to clone my passport in 4 minutes so he reckons the card will be no problem.

Cheesy said:
I don't really have a problem with carrying an ID card per se. I've got nothing to hide, so why should I? My major objection to it is the vast amount of money it's going to cost. Now that is fcuking obscene.

So, if the Government wanted to put camera's in your house, car and workplace, you'd be ok with that aswell?

After the ID card, the lack of the above, and a curfew, is practically all that separates us from 1984.

Can't wait myself. I''m gonna wack one off right onto the lens of every camera they install in my house :)

Strange to see unions not shouting against the I.D cards. You would of thought unions would be run by exactly the sort of people who would detest such an idea. Or are they run by money grabbing, privately educated, oxbridge educated new labour sycophants!!! And are as far removed from the idea of supporting the working man by funding the working mans party as is possible

If I was a union leader...I would be saying if you even think about bringing this idea in, all donations will be going to a real left wing party like Respect.

This will be Labours Poll Tax no matter how much G Brown tries to tell us he has saved the nation by letting banks have carte blanch, selling the nations gold reserves at the markets lowest point, raiding pension funds etc etc etc.....Maybe if he hadn't spent so much time with his mate Tony with his feet hanging out of George Dubyas anus we wouldnt have the terrorist issues he is using so much to rob us of our freedom.

As for Jacqui Smith

I wonder if there will be any technology in the I.D cards to stop students smoking splifs like she admitted to...Who would of ever imagined it... A home secretary admitting to doing drugs in there past....

Lets hope Shami Chacrabati does whats she's good at with this crazy idea and shows it for what it is with her eloquent use of English and manipulation of the sensible press!!!

brass neck said:
Strange to see unions not shouting against the I.D cards. You would of thought unions would be run by exactly the sort of people who would detest such an idea. Or are they run by money grabbing, privately educated, oxbridge educated new labour sycophants!!! And are as far removed from the idea of supporting the working man by funding the working mans party as is possible

If I was a union leader...I would be saying if you even think about bringing this idea in, all donations will be going to a real left wing party like Respect.

This will be Labours Poll Tax no matter how much G Brown tries to tell us he has saved the nation by letting banks have carte blanch, selling the nations gold reserves at the markets lowest point, raiding pension funds etc etc etc.....Maybe if he hadn't spent so much time with his mate Tony with his feet hanging out of George Dubyas anus we wouldnt have the terrorist issues he is using so much to rob us of our freedom.

As for Jacqui Smith

I wonder if there will be any technology in the I.D cards to stop students smoking splifs like she admitted to...Who would of ever imagined it... A home secretary admitting to doing drugs in there past....

Lets hope Shami Chacrabati does whats she's good at with this crazy idea and shows it for what it is with her eloquent use of English and manipulation of the sensible press!!!

We sent a motion from our branch raising our concerns, which was passed by our AGM to be sent to this years TUC who decided there wasn't anytime to debate it.

(Absolutely nothing to do with the government union UNITE getting it suppressed due to their sizable majority in the congress. But thats another story for another time.)

mat said:
brass neck said:

As for Jacqui Smith

We sent a motion from our branch raising our concerns, which was passed by our AGM to be sent to this years TUC who decided there wasn't anytime to debate it.

(Absolutely nothing to do with the government union UNITE getting it suppressed due to their sizable majority in the congress. But thats another story for another time.)
I got out of Unions the day Usdaw the only union allowed at Tesco (who I used to work for )announced themselves as working WITH Tesco, (or in the back pockets of Tesco) And immediately rubber stamped all the nasty stuff Tesco did like cutting overtime pay for new starters and cutting back on sick pay rights...Unions and workers rights are SO dead in Britain!!!

A lot of Unions go in for "Partnership deals", which as you say means the employer can do what they like and the union goes along with it. UNITE has that same policy where full time officials with no experience dictate to people what they are getting. Im an activist with the RMT which still works from the bottom up that's why as a union we constantly get slagged off by the media for standing up for our members.

Where i work the company are trying to run roughshod over our T&C's and have all of a sudden invited UNITE in to poach members (Poaching from another TU not exactly fraternal is it?). I'd rather fight for my T&C's and lose than give it away for fuck all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.