Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Poch is a top class manager, I don’t see how that is up for dispute. He also perfectly fits the profile of what we want in a manager.

That said, we currently have the best manager in the world. Pep is the Messi of management whereas Poch is the Aguero.

Pep will leave when he wants to, it will be on his terms. We are never going to get a manager on Pep’s level so whoever we bring in will be a step down.

Poch is certainly the best of that calibre of manager for me.

Completely agree with all of that. I could be viewing things wrong but Poch comes across as the type of guy, with the right job, who would be prepared to stay for a long period of time.

If those upstairs consider him the ideal choice, and want a long term appointment, It must be a difficult choice to make. I suppose its a question of weighing up the value of an extra year with Pep or getting your perfect choice signed up for the next 4/5 years or even longer.

Its all speculation of course but if it was me, and Poch was my perfect choice, if he would not wait or take an understudy position I would probably think long term.

Can’t see pep staying after his contract tbh . Just think he will have run his course and will move on to the next challenge which I believe will be back at Barca . We have had some great seasons with pep and we will have great seasons with the next manager .
He will be off at the end of August, Sarri gone, Juve is the club of Pep's dreams!

Poch in,

;)

Stop embarrassing yourself. Football sees Poch as a top class coach, if you cannot see it, that is your lack of understanding.

football sees serial winners (stein, paisley, ferguson, pep) and/or ideological influencers (hogan, michels, bielsa, wenger) as top class coaches. which category does podge fall into?

football sees serial winners (stein, paisley, ferguson, pep) and/or ideological influencers (hogan, michels, bielsa, wenger) as top class coaches. which category does podge fall into?

And what category did Manuel Pellegrini fall into when he was appointed by the exact same individuals appointing our next manager? Is Manuel a serial winner or influencer? I would guess neither.

So what is your point with regards our next appointment?

And what category did Manuel Pellegrini fall into when he was appointed by the exact same individuals appointing our next manager? Is Manuel a serial winner or influencer? I would guess neither.

He won titles in South America did he not? Poch has bottled everything when the pressure is on

Pellers fell into the seat warming category. If Soriano and Khaldoon were sure Pep would arrive in reasonable time, thay could not appoint a really top class guy who would know it was temporary.
Edit PS. Pep falls into both categories: a serial winner who has his own version of the 'game of position' and has changed the English game for ever. We are so lucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.