Pep: Get In The Fridge! 2 Games In 48 Hours....

yup, last year was nerve racking on the run in, the dippers played before us most of the games coming in and the pressure of coming from behind was with us the whole way, hated it.

crazy run in last season and tv did they best to help liverpool ??? but manchester city mental strength is even better than the quality in there feet

We had 2 games in 24 hours once . Derby day at old Trafford on the Saturday then Wembley the next day to play Chelsea in the full members cup.went to both it was a great weekend even tho the results didn't go our way

Was tough on the fans too, the mighty red army one day the headhunters the next. Two lots of cockneys in 2 days!!

Players and fans were made of sterner stuff in them days,this is chicken feed. 6 points in the bag.

If it's good enough for Joker....

Hold on, was that his freezer?

Heh, I wonder if he actually has seen it. On a serious note though I wonder how many players do actually do ice baths.

They are the real deal and a Cryotherapy chamber is wimping out and I bet is half as effective as 10 minutes in an ice bath.

if we played leeds or chelsea at home we have had kick offs 11am 1115 etc in the 80s. Also before floodlights games kicked off earlier than 3pm, and some clubs had them, some not.

People forget the Christmas Day and Boxing Day double headers too.
Played in weekday aafternoons in the 80s when everyone was on strike and we had no lecy

For a number of seasons after WW2, all clubs played 3 games in 4 days over Easter (Fri, Sat, Mon), and also Xmas Day and Boxing Day + possibly a Saturday game a couple of days after. I remember it well.

And they usually went by train.

Yes meant the 70s I got a bit giddy lol . The Coventry game might have been 3pm but wont argue .Still a decent turnout about 25.000 I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.