Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course. The refr had a part to play in a few of our games, for and against us. The way we played in the first leg was the bigger problem. And we didn’t have enough in us in the second leg.
The ref has an effect but we didn’t really ever get that close to going through. It wasn’t a small margin.
I only read your first sentence because I’m only interested in your premise regarding Liverpool, therefore I shall ask you again, Did the ref have an affect on the QF games against Liverpool?

when we play Liverpool in 3 weeks time, I hope hes learnt something from last season, all this you attack we attack bollocks wont get us anywhere. Lets soak up there pressure and stay in the fucking game, the more quiet those inbreds are, the more chance you have of winning.

Veering into the territory of his last year at Bayern, treating every game as a thought experiment. Can’t get my head around why it is that he’s seemingly so hellbent on not playing the same setup as last year. Also struggle to believe that he genuinely thought last night’s team (Sterling left and Bernardo right, with fullbacks offering nothing on the overlap) was our very best setup for that match.
Love him, and trust him implicitly to get things right, but he needs to get us firing again quickly.

Watching Pep on the touchline this season is like a flashback to his first season. He looks miserable, and a little confused at what he’s seeing. I really hope he can snap this complacency out of them, it’s not a pleasant sight to see Pep like this.

It’s just confusing. The team was bang on last year, stick with the same tactics and improve the personnel. Worked at Barcelona and that was his most successful time as a manager.

It’s just confusing. The team was bang on last year, stick with the same tactics and improve the personnel. Worked at Barcelona and that was his most successful time as a manager.
It feels a bit like a 2012-13 under Mancini. He played with our system second season and it didn’t work. Get Sane Aguero and Sterling playing and do what we did last year. How many goals did we get rolling the ball across the 6 yard box for one of them to roll it in? By all means switch wings at times but not all the time. Our centre mid is desperate for help for Fernandinho by January.

Veering into the territory of his last year at Bayern, treating every game as a thought experiment. Can’t get my head around why it is that he’s seemingly so hellbent on not playing the same setup as last year. Also struggle to believe that he genuinely thought last night’s team (Sterling left and Bernardo right, with fullbacks offering nothing on the overlap) was our very best setup for that match.
Love him, and trust him implicitly to get things right, but he needs to get us firing again quickly.

Great post. It is utterly bizarre at the moment. Most people will have looked at that team before the game and thought no width and Gundogan in the middle ahead of Bernardo makes us far less effective. It is so bloody obvious and I don't believe Pep doesn't know it too.

I only read your first sentence because I’m only interested in your premise regarding Liverpool, therefore I shall ask you again, Did the ref have an affect on the QF games against Liverpool?
Refs affect all games. He didn’t decide the tie and he certainly didn’t score their away goals.

when we play Liverpool in 3 weeks time, I hope hes learnt something from last season, all this you attack we attack bollocks wont get us anywhere. Lets soak up there pressure and stay in the fucking game, the more quiet those inbreds are, the more chance you have of winning.

Pep may have noted (well he's had a few games against the Pool) but I doubt he will change the way we play against them. He's stubborn that way & rather win a majority of the games playing his way & lose against the Pool along the way than change the way we approach this match. Think he views teams like Liverpool as collateral damage and as supporters we will be-grudgingly need to accept this.

As much as many people on here may contest the last time we hammered them 5-0 the sending off did play a significant part in the result - joyous as it was though!

The only glimmer of hope I have is he did change his approach slightly in the first half of the Spuds game last season at Wembley where we had plenty of numbers behind the ball & restricted space & the channels which they favoured - but that was near the 'business end of the season'.

I for one am not looking forward to our visit to Anfield where I doubt Pep will be 'flexible' with his team's approach to the game & most likely we will get caught high up the field with their 3 headless chickens having time and space & once again us playing catch up scoreline wise. For heavens sake is it too much to simply approach this fixture by stifling the life out of the game for the first 20mins or so which seem to be their peak performance zone & us countering them?

Pep may have noted (well he's had a few games against the Pool) but I doubt he will change the way we play against them. He's stubborn that way & rather win a majority of the games playing his way & lose against the Pool along the way than change the way we approach this match. Think he views teams like Liverpool as collateral damage and as supporters we will be-grudgingly need to accept this.

As much as many people on here may contest the last time we hammered them 5-0 the sending off did play a significant part in the result - joyous as it was though!

The only glimmer of hope I have is he did change his approach slightly in the first half of the Spuds game last season at Wembley where we had plenty of numbers behind the ball & restricted space & the channels which they favoured - but that was near the 'business end of the season'.

I for one am not looking forward to our visit to Anfield where I doubt Pep will be 'flexible' with his team's approach to the game & most likely we will get caught high up the field with their 3 headless chickens having time and space & once again us playing catch up scoreline wise. For heavens sake is it too much to simply approach this fixture by stifling the life out of the game for the first 20mins or so which seem to be their peak performance zone & us countering them?
Yeah good post, we have a lot to work to do, we need to get our player positioning right and move the ball quicker, and like you say we need to stifle teams that press us hard in the first 25 mins of games, then our class can come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.