Pep Guardiola - 2017/18 assessment

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by dave_blue12, 22 Aug 2017.

1. Silvas' left eyebrow

Silvas' left eyebrow

Hopefully will sign a new 5 year deal when we have completed this sEason.

2. cleavers

cleavers

Yes, and good post.

I'm sure the majority of us were shouting "stop dicking around at the back" early last year, but now I'm totally relaxed with it, and that's quite a compliment. There was passage of play second half yesterday, where they were trying to press us, but we worked 3 or 4 triangles, and just passed them to the point that we got out, and on the attack, its great to watch. Their three pressing players just had a look of wtf on their faces.

3. Bewar3them00n

Bewar3them00n

I've got my under 9's training and match this weekend, I'm going to be a bit more " Pep like" on the touch line ( I've already got berating officials for poor decisions down to a tee) I mean the rampant positivity and enthusiasm, not kissing the players! the parents might take it the wrong way!

4. KCblue

KCblue

I can't say I expect him to be here for a crazy amount of years because that's not how he operates, but with all the control and resources we have to offer him in addition to how he publicly defends the players and club, I would hope we extend his contract an extra two seasons. That would give us five seasons of Pep and he can ride off at the end of 2021 with a whole year to prepare a national team for the World Cup, if he so chooses.

5. chedinho

chedinho

glad i'm not the only one.

6. Mikejl

Mikejl

We are blessed to have this maverick genius at our club, also the unique fucked up history of our club probably appeals to him. The guy is a Catalonian nationalist, fighting for the oppressed underdog is hardwired into him, taking on the traditional powers and giving it back in spades. I’m sure he is frustrated as hell but inspired by the bias and shit we are subjected to. It’s a rollercoaster but one laced with the most exceptional football we will probably ever see. I just hope we can manage the painful succession and I hope it’s a long way away. Managers I’ve seen as a blue, Book, Allison, Bond, McNeill, Frizzell, Machin, Kendall, Reid, Horton, Ball, Coppell, Clark, Neal, Hartford, Royle, Keegan, Sven, Pearce, Hughes, Bobby Manc, Manuel and now this, what a ride... keep enjoying it

7. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

8. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Noob!

9. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Please remember to avoid the obscene as the minimum age limit for the site is 13.

10. Stockport mackem

Stockport mackem

This fella is just on a different level, he'd even get a tune out of Sunderland (well maybe).
    His enthusiasm, total attention to detail, his knowledge to fully get exactly the right person to fit his system, and grow others into it.
    How the players play for him, the team spirit, total lack of egos.
    He may well be the best manager there has ever been.... just hope he doesn't burn out, as the guy looks like he never stops.

He's genuinely brilliant, I will stop short,of genius for now..... but he is on the right path to becoming one.