Pep Guardiola - 2017/18 assessment

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by dave_blue12, 22 Aug 2017.

1. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Are you saying it was a good idea to play Sane as a wb again?

2. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    Wouldn't surprise me, it would be the ultimate 'typical City' moment if we broke Pep.

3. mat

mat

That would be so typical city.

Replace him with Viera and win the quadruple! Twice!!!!

:D

4. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Pep has yet to understand the Premier League.
    Till he does he will probably remain unsuccessful.
    He tinkers too much. His team selection last night showed that. So many pre-match (some on here) said that the selection of Sane as left wing-back could be a problem. - and so it proved.
    More importantly, every team can defend well and taking an extra touch before trying to score makes it easier for the them to prevent goals.
    Worst of all is his total dedication to possession at the expense of creating guilt edged chances when the opposition defence is dislocated. If the opposition defence is dislocated you attack it quickly and if you lose
    possession as a result you quickly press to get the ball back. Our players seem to be scared of losing possession and thus don't take the risk and thus don't get the gilt edged chances that are easier to convert.
    He could be the most successful manager the Premier League has ever seen, but he needs to be slightly more pragmatic to achieve that. Sadly, I don't think pragmatism is in his mindset.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2017
  5. GortonBlue62

GortonBlue62

HiPPO - Highest Paid Person's Opinion. If we all subscribed to this theory the world would be a very dull place.

If someone is paid millions to do a high pressure job (football, politics, whatever) you don't need to be paid an equivalent amount to venture a (valid) opinion.

I'm on about £50K, so I'll assume you earn less than me if you don't respond.
    (Perhaps the forum rules could be changed to include annual income in brackets, so we don't inadvertently criticize our betters.)

6. PhillyBlue

PhillyBlue

Agreed!!!

7. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

That's fine to express an opinion on here, I was just putting a fact out there regarding the difference between him and us.

8. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

oh ffs

9. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Hi Gorton Blue, I am sure the board be quite happy to put up our financial details on the board.

No, unfortunately not at that stage yet with regards to wages, £27k isn't too bad though is it?

AND

The point I was getting at he's paid millions for doing a job that he can do, we can't do and will never do.

happy??

10. chabal

chabal

He has yet to win a serious competition* without Messi in his team so I wait to be convinced that Guardiola really is the Messiah.

* I could win the Bundsliga with Bayern Munich.