Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was a good performance?

He didn’t make mistakes?
There was another team you know , sometimes the other team can be better than us, it happens so rarely you think you need to blame the manager , you nneed to se a slightly bigger picture sometimes.. It was away at Chelsea,.

This. Should've started Mendy, Aguero and KdB. And why sub Jesus and Gundo when you've Messi and Ronaldo on the bench. Pep truly is a moron.

What? He should have started our most balanced side, he didn’t. Mahrez wide negated our two best forwards.

Then leaving Mahrez on, and taking Sané off lost is all our width and we were shocking in the second half.

There was another team you know , sometimes the other team can be better than us, it happens so rarely you think you need to blame the manager , you nneed to se a slightly bigger picture sometimes.. It was away at Chelsea,.

Chelsea were there for the taking. We were much the better side in the first half but lacked any real balance going forwards.

He then took Sané off and we looked even more unbalanced.

The man is a genius, doesn’t mean he doesn’t make mistakes.

Chelsea were there for the taking. We were much the better side in the first half but lacked any real balance going forwards.

They werent there for the taking, yes he will make mistakes, just less than anyone else. Some people though with.hindsight seem alittle to keen to run to the Pep thread and point them out , sometimes when something doesn't work doesn't make it a mistake.
Personally I'd have taken Mahrez off for Jesus not Sane, but either way thought we needed a centre forward on.
Thought Chelsea were very good in the second half it wasnt us that were bad.

They werent there for the taking, yes he will make mistakes, just less than anyone else. Some people though with.hindsight seem alittle to keen to run to the Pep thread and point them out , sometimes when something doesn't work doesn't make it a mistake.
Personally I'd have taken Mahrez off for Jesus not Sane, but either way thought we needed a centre forward on.
Thought Chelsea were very good in the second half it wasnt us that were bad.

It wasn’t hindsight, I was concerned the moment the side was announced, and posted as such.

I thought we lacked the directness of a centre forward.
Sané never looks as dangerous when the winger on the other side is inverted. Be that Bernardo or Mahrez, yes there’s been time when has excelled but his space is often limited when we play an inverted winger.

I thought Chelsea were there for the taking, they were totally outclassed in the first half, we had it ridiculously easy, we just lacked our usual attacking dynamism.

Mahrez is an outstanding player, but he’s pretty predictable, top players find it easier to defend against predictability.
Jesus, Sterling & Sané are not predictable and Sané & Sterling can embarrass a player on the inside or out.

I thought Pep got it wrong from the start, then I couldn’t believe it when he took Sané off. Nothing to do with individual performance more to do with us lacking shape.

To play away at Chelsea and never once have your key attackers in their best position is for me a managerial mistake.

Every time Sterling drifted right he caused mayhem.
Yet we never put him there.

So it was a good day for him? I think that was one of his worst games as our manager.

He set us up perfectly and we spurned our chances in the first half.

So, what team would you have picked seeing that you are obviously part of peps management team and were privy to who trained well and who didn't all week, who were not quite 100% but could be used in an emergency, what the tactics were to be etc.

Oh, you're not on the management team, OK, your just spouting off after the event - crack on

QwNPtz3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.