Status
Not open for further replies.
200w.gif
I prefer yours :) Brilliant

Very good manager and the best I’ve seen at City but he fucked up today and is occasionally guilty of trying to win the game with experimental tactics rather than simply letting the players win the game, playing them in their best positions. Has Sterling ever started a game at RW when we’ve dropped points over the last couple of seasons?
Did a little digging (little because we've rarely dropped points!) and found this:

17/18
Everton (H), 1-1 - Sterling starts on the bench, replaces Jesus at HT, scores the equaliser
Crystal Palace (A), 0-0 - Sterling starts on the bench, replaces Gundogan on 57 minutes
Liverpool (A), 3-4 - Sterling starts on the right, is replaced by Bernardo on 71 minutes
Burnley (A), 1-1 - Sterling starts on the left with Bernardo on the right, is replaced by Diaz on 74 minutes
Manchester United (H), 2-3 - Sterling starts as the false #9, plays the full 90 minutes, spends the last 15 minutes on the right
Huddersfield Town (H), 0-0 - Sterling starts on the right, plays the full 90 minutes, plays the last fifteen minutes as a #10

18/19 season
Wolverhampton Wanderers (A), 1-1 - Sterling starts on the left with Bernardo on the right, is replaced by Mahrez on 85 minutes
Liverpool (A), 0-0 - Sterling starts on the left with Mahrez on the right, is replaced by Sané on 77 minutes
Chelsea (A) 0-2 - Sterling starts as the #9, plays the full 90 minutes, is moved out to the left on 53 minutes

Did a little digging (little because we've rarely dropped points!) and found this:

17/18
Everton (H), 1-1 - Sterling starts on the bench, replaces Jesus at HT, scores the equaliser
Crystal Palace (A), 0-0 - Sterling starts on the bench, replaces Gundogan on 57 minutes
Liverpool (A), 3-4 - Sterling starts on the right, is replaced by Bernardo on 71 minutes
Burnley (A), 1-1 - Sterling starts on the left with Bernardo on the right, is replaced by Diaz on 74 minutes
Manchester United (H), 2-3 - Sterling starts as the false #9, plays the full 90 minutes, spends the last 15 minutes on the right
Huddersfield Town (H), 0-0 - Sterling starts on the right, plays the full 90 minutes, plays the last fifteen minutes as a #10

18/19 season
Wolverhampton Wanderers (A), 1-1 - Sterling starts on the left with Bernardo on the right, is replaced by Mahrez on 85 minutes
Liverpool (A), 0-0 - Sterling starts on the left with Mahrez on the right, is replaced by Sané on 77 minutes
Chelsea (A) 0-2 - Sterling starts as the #9, plays the full 90 minutes, is moved out to the left on 53 minutes
Do you have a conclusion ? I've read it twice and can't see one from that.

Do you have a conclusion ? I've read it twice and can't see one from that.
Well, I mean, our strongest team involves Sterling on the right and Sané on the left. When that combination isn't matched we are more likely to drop points. I think that's a conclusion we can all come to. Fame Monster just asked for stats and I provided them. It's up to them if they want to draw any conclusions.

Well, I mean, our strongest team involves Sterling on the right and Sané on the left. When that combination isn't matched we are more likely to drop points. I think that's a conclusion we can all come to. Fame Monster just asked for stats and I provided them. It's up to them if they want to draw any conclusions.
I see, wasnt sure what what you were getting at, I' agree we look best that way, but really we have 5 players for 3 positions so roatation / injuries means there will be games where we have to change things about a bit.

He over thought it,never works when he does that,kick up the arse at half time for sane,leave him on,take off mahrez,move raz and sane to their correct positions,put on gabby,give them something to think about down the wings,he did change it at halftime but not the right ones imo

Lesson learned hopefully,keep it simple

He set us up perfectly and we spurned our chances in the first half.

So, what team would you have picked seeing that you are obviously part of peps management team and were privy to who trained well and who didn't all week, who were not quite 100% but could be used in an emergency, what the tactics were to be etc.

Oh, you're not on the management team, OK, your just spouting off after the event - crack on

Because I’m not on the coaching staff I can’t have an opinion?

What’s the point of the forum then? Should we contact Ric and tell him to shut it down because we should all just agree??

I voiced my opinions before kick off, said early not playing Jesus and Sterling & Sané wide would make us weaker, it did.

He didn’t set us up perfectly at all, then made us even weaker by bringing Sanè off.

He had a bad day, he has them, he’s a human.

19 of the last 21 points dropped have been when we’ve not had Sterling and Sané wide with either Aguero or Jesus through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.