Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's an interesting and valid set of points but I don't think it's a sweeping level of issue. There have definitely been games where no Sané has been a problem but there have been games where he wouldn't have helped and the Sterling/Mahrez combo would be better.

Losing Sané has massively dented our ability to play with variety though, that's a big issue. But on a per game basis I feel we're still creating as many good chances as previously.

Pep Guardiola on changes to the #ManCity squad: “It’s part of the process. We’d like the players of the last ten years to be eternal. But we grow in years and we have to replace them.”

“Some players have to be replaced. But it’s not a disaster, or bad thing, it’s part of football for the age [of the squad], for the normal situation and circumstances. It happens in other clubs.

"Players who are considered important players decide to leave because they don’t want to be here. That was the case for Jadon Sancho and Leroy, especially Leroy because Jadon was in the academy. If guys don’t want to stay, they have to leave..."

"We are not getting the best of these players if, in their mind, they are not happy here. So this is the first thing and the second [factor] is with the age [of the squad] but it happened and we have to rebuild it." #MCFC |
@ManCity

“I want to take time to think with what we have to do, which players we should replace - Leroy and the others, we have to see what happens - but not judge on the fact we conceded ten more goals just because of the back four, the defenders." #MCFC |
@ManCity

Last edited:
Enjoy Guardiola we will not see the likes of him again , there are plenty of pretenders but Pep has changed football in the three years he has been here , he did it in Germany as well even their national team completely changed their playing style , the most innovative manager i have seen in my lifetime.

Media and fans started to talk a bit too early about Klopp being the best manager. Pep's both more innovative and influential and has won much more.

What a manager.

Media and fans started to talk a bit too early about Klopp being the best manager. Pep's both more innovative and influential and has won much more.

What a manager.
I’m sure the next team an announcement in the match thread will have the usual posts telling us what he’s got wrong, and how we are about to be over ran.

I was hoping so much Pep would reverse LIV's tactics and win on the counter.
It was fantastic last night and we even kept our philosophy to not play hoofball
but try to resist high pressing and find the way forward.

Catching them on the break at the Etihad must hurt Klopp so much and we've seen it post match...

Also we did defend as a team, staying very compact not allowing them too many easy chances.
They did have several though but were unlucky or bottled them.

But exactly that happenend to us over the last years, playing a good game, being dominant but unlucky and lost after ridiculous ref decisions and often on the break.
Serves 'em right.

I think they were not able to manage the pressure as new champions
and I also think we will see them drop points more often again.

As I said before, it's completely different being on the hunt or being hunted.
That said, how good have our Blues been to turn the game 18/19 and defend our title!!

I was hoping so much Pep would reverse LIV's tactics and win on the counter.
It was fantastic last night and we even kept our philosophy to not play hoofball
but try to resist high pressing and find the way forward.

Catching them on the break at the Etihad must hurt Klopp so much and we've seen it post match...

Also we did defend as a team, staying very compact not allowing them too many easy chances.
They did have several though but were unlucky or bottled them.

But exactly that happenend to us over the last years, playing a good game, being dominant but unlucky and lost after ridiculous ref decisions and often on the break.
Serves 'em right.

I think they were not able to manage the pressure as new champions
and I also think we will see them drop points more often again.

As I said before, it's completely different being on the hunt or being hunted.
That said, how good have our Blues been to turn the game 18/19 and defend our title!!

Good post. Pep outthought Klopp last night. Bringing Foden and sterling infield a bit left their fullbacks confused and that also gave de Bruyne space to rip them to pieces. We invited the press, played through it and opened them up at will.

Good post. Pep outthought Klopp last night. Bringing Foden and sterling infield a bit left their fullbacks confused and that also gave de Bruyne space to rip them to pieces. We invited the press, played through it and opened them up at will.

Yep.
I've been sure Pep would have some special tool in his bag to welcome the new champions,
Klopp and me :) just didn't know what it happened to be...

Now he has to lift Jesus' mood, who worked so hard and looked so frustrated for not scoring.
He made a great pass leading to the 2nd but he only is really happy when he scores.

Hope Pep talks him up and we feed him in the next PL matches.

Playing a blinder since the restart to get us motivated and playing as we are. If people above him don't let him down (CAS situation and the right signings) and the people below don't either (John stones springs to mind) we could cream off trophies as long as he's here. If we win cas I think he will be here after his contract ends. Points to prove and should have everything he needs (football wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.