Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to the point that Pep might better did it himself and that he doesn't plan panic times ;)
Anyway, theory and practice. Whatever the plan was, it didn't work. Just a bad day I hope.

I also missed more shots from outside the box but many didn't trust their own skills.
Laporte was close once though. Shame.
Didn't see this till after I posted. I was wanting Laporte to shoot there as well.
I concur, we should be scoring more from these types of shots, and if the two outside front men didn't bring it in so narrow all the time, there would be more room for passing and shots.

That's the same reason we go back to the keeper from advanced positions, to make the opposition push out and give us more space to attack again.
that's what you'd think, then we go up field slow it down again, then they regroup again, rinse and repeat. when we do get the ball behind their players we should be making diagonal or through passes to the front and drive to the net, not pass sideways and back again waiting for the perfect goal.
What's that saying? Don't let the perfect get in the way of the good. Has anyone noticed that the type of goals people on here say we should be scoring are the ones scored against us?

The answer to so many of our problems this season have stared us in the face and Pep has looked the other way. We are so much better when one or both Foden / Bernardo plays with one of KDB or Silva. I really wish he’d played this team on Saturday.

I love this video. I also find it interesting in the HT team talk in the derby where He said ‘how are you going to react when they disallow a goal vs Liverpool’. Can even see into the future our manager

more shots should come from the middle area, 18-25 yards out 6-7 feet high with Kev or whoever blasting on net. These can get through, get deflected or spilled by the keeper anywhere. This is making something happen rather than our outside guys trying to dribble through half the team getting tackled or having a pass blocked.
What we need to do in these situations is have Kev move to the left and put in a curler from just outside the box like the 2nd and 5th goal against Norwich. I felt Mahrez would do this from the right side like Robben used to for Bayern, but he really hasn't done it enough. Perhaps Torres could add to this from the left as well.

What we need to do in these situations is have Kev move to the left and put in a curler from just outside the box like the 2nd and 5th goal against Norwich. I felt Mahrez would do this from the right side like Robben used to for Bayern, but he really hasn't done it enough. Perhaps Torres could add to this from the left as well.
but they should be doing this anyway, i was thinking of something new against the parked bus, we should be pounding shots from just outside, instead of easy to clear crosses from the sides, or better yet drive to the net quicker before they set up while we pass it sideways and back.

but they should be doing this anyway, i was thinking of something new against the parked bus, we should be pounding shots from just outside, instead of easy to clear crosses from the sides, or better yet drive to the net quicker before they set up while we pass it sideways and back.
or sign Andy Carroll ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.