Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a Bayern Munich or a Real Madrid, change the way they play for a Lyon?

They have belief in what they do and they roll with it - not change to a system they don't play semi-regularly. Pep showed Lyon too much respect tonight. Maybe that's because we have a rickety defence, but we play our best football when we attack. If we haven't got the defence to take our style to the very top, then we need to add the personal - and we've had 4 years so far to do it.

I love him and want him to sign a new contract but tonight was his fault, we were up against it from the start. Just the wrong setup.

Why? What has he done that Mancini/Pellegrini didn’t/couldn’t?

The owners have spent close to £1b in signings, salary, buying Girona etc to get Pep - I’m sure they were expecting more than 2/4 titles and annual European exit at the quarters.

He’s a decent manager, but he’s never overachieved anywhere, and that’s the true standard of greatness.

I think he's a busted flush here now. He has his favourites no matter what to the great detriment of the team. Fearing Lyon, Bang average team yet managed to do us over. Crazy selection,tactics and slow to change. Seen it all before from him sadly.
Couldn't have fucked up any worse.

Has a mental problem in the CL.

I wonder whether Bayetn trashing Barca changed our plans and Pep decided to try another, more defensive formation. Shit choice anyway.

Thought you would be in the transfer forum chatting pretend itk shit.

Watch how Bayern play against them, they won't change formation and will outclass them.

Funny how we only really started to create chances after Fern got the hook.
I said explain to me the correct way to set up against Lyon's deep 5-3-2 Block?

Maybe you can't?

Love Pep, but he fucked it. In isolation it’s no big thingbut it’s happened too often and the club can’t allow it to continue.

I think if he stayed for another 5 years we’d win the league at least 3 times. But he’s always gonna fuck it in the CL. I thought he’d learned with the Madrid games.

Question is, can we live with domestic success only. I don’t think Khaldoon and SM can.

I said explain to me the correct way to set up against Lyon's deep 5-3-2 Block?

Maybe you can't?

Why would a forum user on here be tasked with explaining that?

It's Pep's job to work it out, with the most expensive squad in world football at his disposal to aide him.

In terms of building a team that is the best at football, Pep is the best manager, and it shows in League seasons - his teams are often unstoppable.

In terms of one off big matches he gets it wrong as often as he gets it right.

As others have said, you wouldn't see Barca, Bayern, Real, making dramatic changes to counter Lyon's style of play - they'd play their usual in form best 11. We should have done that in my opinion.

Edit: I should add I'm delighted he's our manager and hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.