Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini over Pep - your shout, but not for me

Pep is by far the better manager but in terms of doing the impossible, I would hand that to Mancini, that's why he is number 1 for me. Mancini did it first against all odds! The blatant bias against the team was just so much when Mancini pushed for the title, It was personal for him, you could feel it, he just wasn't looking to conquer another territory he was looking to give back to the fans. There was a connection with Mancini that's missing with Pep, you could see how emotionally attached Mancini was with the team and the struggle to do what no other Manchester city manager had done in the PL era.

Tactically I would say Pep is number 1 and it could remain that way for a very very long time but when it comes to doing the impossible, when it comes to giving 110%, when it comes with standing with the fans, I would rate Mancini as number 1.

Pep is by far the better manager but in terms of doing the impossible, I would hand that to Mancini, that's why he is number 1 for me. Mancini did it first against all odds! The blatant bias against the team was just so much when Mancini pushed for the title, It was personal for him, you could feel it, he just wasn't looking to conquer another territory he was looking to give back to the fans. There was a connection with Mancini that's missing with Pep, you could see how emotionally attached Mancini was with the team and the struggle to do what no other Manchester city manager had done in the PL era.

Tactically I would say Pep is number 1 and it could remain that way for a very very long time but when it comes to doing the impossible, when it comes to giving 110%, when it comes with standing with the fans, I would rate Mancini as number 1.
Fair enough and thanks for explaining why you did

So what we need to do is clone pep and bobby manc together?
Sounds fucking good to me

Its just the little things like when Pep keeps on hammering at how United are the bigger team, how Liverpool have more history and European respect, how the team needs to stop booing the UCL anthem, how the fans ned to show up for games, I am like just get on with the program and quit giving the media something to talk about!

Pep Guardiola speaking to his players after the #UCL defeat to Spurs last season: “I’m proud of you. I know you feel like s**t and you think it’s not fair. Since when is football fair? I’m not being fair when I decide not to pick you..."

“And I p*** you off when I put you on the bench, so when you go out on to the pitch, you show me that I’m wrong, right? Well, that’s exactly what we’re going to do now. Eat this f*****g s**t that we have to eat..."

“Because we did everything to eliminate Spurs and they f*****g beat us, we’re out on our f*****g a*****. We can win two more trophies and lads, let’s go for them! I know you’re going to do it because you’re the best.”

Ferran Soriano on the #UCL defeat to Spurs last season: “Pep took it worst, and that’s quite normal in the circumstances. Khaldoon asked us to put the night in context, that we could still win four trophies that same season..."

Ferran Soriano: “We’ve built an environment where nobody is going to lose their head, none of our fundamentals will be put at risk just because the team loses... The disappointment hurts but it can last a day and then we have to get on with business.” [via @SunMartinB]

Pep Guardiola speaking to his players after the #UCL defeat to Spurs last season: “I’m proud of you. I know you feel like s**t and you think it’s not fair. Since when is football fair? I’m not being fair when I decide not to pick you..."

“And I p*** you off when I put you on the bench, so when you go out on to the pitch, you show me that I’m wrong, right? Well, that’s exactly what we’re going to do now. Eat this f*****g s**t that we have to eat..."

“Because we did everything to eliminate Spurs and they f*****g beat us, we’re out on our f*****g a*****. We can win two more trophies and lads, let’s go for them! I know you’re going to do it because you’re the best.”

Ferran Soriano on the #UCL defeat to Spurs last season: “Pep took it worst, and that’s quite normal in the circumstances. Khaldoon asked us to put the night in context, that we could still win four trophies that same season..."

Ferran Soriano: “We’ve built an environment where nobody is going to lose their head, none of our fundamentals will be put at risk just because the team loses... The disappointment hurts but it can last a day and then we have to get on with business.” [via @SunMartinB]

Just like this place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.