Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep’s arrogance is costing us dearly this season. His reluctance to drop his favourites. Seems to have our defenders mark an area and not a man. And the result is our defence is truly awful. Stones plays like a rabbit in the headlamps and is terrified to put in a tackle. The space the rags forwards had approaching our box yesterday was a joke. It was like shooting practice for them. And he’s got Rodri too far up so not protecting our amateur defence.

Pep’s arrogance is costing us dearly this season. His reluctance to drop his favourites. Seems to have our defenders mark an area and not a man. And the result is our defence is truly awful. Stones plays like a rabbit in the headlamps and is terrified to put in a tackle. The space the rags forwards had approaching our box yesterday was a joke. It was like shooting practice for them. And he’s got Rodri too far up so not protecting our amateur defence.

You are right about the shooting practice. It was hideous that first 30 mins.

Rodri is used to playing in a Simeone team defending the 18 yard line, now he's playing in the polar opposite and it shows, we have to play deeper and more compact if he's ever going to work because he's not mobile enough to protect a high-line.

Rodri is used to playing in a Simeone team defending the 18 yard line, now he's playing in the polar opposite and it shows, we have to play deeper and more compact if he's ever going to work because he's not mobile enough to protect a high-line.

Simeone's sides don't defend the 18 yard line unless they're sitting on a multiple goal lead in a CL knock out game. Normally they press very agressively, he's used to playing almost as high a line as he does here. His time at Villarreal under Calleja also saw him play in a high line. As does his time playing for Spain and Spains u21

Also do you really think Guardiola, someone who played the exact same position, doesn't know what it takes to play in his teams there? You think he spent £65m replacing Fernandinho without considering if he had the attributes to play?

Of course the other thing is that Busquets is famously slow, and yet he was the centrepiece of Pep's Barca and shat all over every English side they ever faced.

Rodri is not the problem. The problem is David Silva no longer being able to press.

Last edited:
AS a City fan with many miles on the clock my angst from yesterday re-awakens decades of hurt at the hands of those scum. Once again a deluge of snide jokes, mails and tweets from their resurgent hordes ,rag shirts all over the place and a delighted media I am pretty sure Pep does not share my pain. If he thinks the scum are immaterial he is deluded. In his first derby he meekly handed them a leg up with the clown Bravo on view to humiliate us and re-launched their Season. Ignore them at your peril Pep.
Pep may be a legendary City Manager ,the most successful in our history but if he doesn't get what it means to many fans what its like to suffer the twats crowing he is just doesn't get it.
Personally i'd give any Carabou cup away for a sound thrashing of the red vermin any day.
Many younger fans say Liverpool are our rivals .No they are not .None of my neighbours,in laws,mates are scousers they are all fuckin dormant reds now fully awakened by this most recent charitable non derby Pep freakshow.. ..............and breathe .............

Simeone's sides don't defend the 18 yard line unless they're sitting on a multiple goal lead in a CL knock out game. Normally they press very agressively, he's used to playing almost as high a line as he does here. His time at Villarreal under Calleja also saw him play in a high line. As does his time playing for Spain and Spains u21

Also do you really think Guardiola, someone who played the exact same position, doesn't know what it takes to play in his teams there? You think he spent £65m replacing Fernandinho without considering if he had the attributes to play?

Of course the other thing is that Busquets is famously slow, and yet he was the centrepiece of Pep's Barca and shat all over every English side they ever faced.

Rodri is not the problem. The problem is David Silva no longer being able to press.

Well when Rodri can actually start moving come back, until then, ciao. I agree though, Rodri would be perfect in La Liga behind Xavi and Iniesta.

mistakes mistakes mistakes..

I remember when I first saw those Sane - Sterling wide wings, at the beginning of January 2017 and thought -> wow, this is the key and what was needed.
Before that, from Sep-Dec 2016 - team was playing with Nolito - Navas / Sterling inside wings and things were same.. Possession - without effective attacks and results..

Then somehow changes were made and Sane-Sterling wide wing was established, which from my understanding was the cornerstone of the next two years` success.

But pep forgot it, he forgot it and reverted to those inside wings when he started playing with Sterling-Bernardo and i thought -> if he continues like this, we are fucked next season.
That was the biggest mistake last year and that is still the biggest mistake..

If I were him, I would apologize to Sane - for not valuing him enough and not giving credit for the achievements.

Debruyne was injured, aguero, kompany - literally everyone but injury of the Leroy was the problem he couldn't solve. Leroy is irreplaceable.

You are spot on!!!!
I became a City fan in 2013 from the U.S.A. I was visiting the UK and everyone seemed to be United fans. I didn't want to be part of the status quo and watched a City game and fell in love with their style. I had never seen a team with such control in my life. They could score a goal when ever they wanted ! I found my team at last. Pelligrini was the manager at the time and then all of a sudden he's fired. Where was the team as far as the table when they fired him and why did they fire him?

AS a City fan with many miles on the clock my angst from yesterday re-awakens decades of hurt at the hands of those scum. Once again a deluge of snide jokes, mails and tweets from their resurgent hordes ,rag shirts all over the place and a delighted media I am pretty sure Pep does not share my pain. If he thinks the scum are immaterial he is deluded. In his first derby he meekly handed them a leg up with the clown Bravo on view to humiliate us and re-launched their Season. Ignore them at your peril Pep.
Pep may be a legendary City Manager ,the most successful in our history but if he doesn't get what it means to many fans what its like to suffer the twats crowing he is just doesn't get it.
Personally i'd give any Carabou cup away for a sound thrashing of the red vermin any day.
Many younger fans say Liverpool are our rivals .No they are not .None of my neighbours,in laws,mates are scousers they are all fuckin dormant reds now fully awakened by this most recent charitable non derby Pep freakshow.. ..............and breathe .............

I feel really sad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.