Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost count of the number of times since he's been here that he's come out with shite like that.

If Pellers' or Mancini had said this they would have been lynched. It lets him down and shows a shocking level of arrogance and I think it says he has the belief that he is doing us a favour by designing to manage us.

The simple answer is, if he doesn't think he can get us to a level where we can compete on all fronts with the established history clubs, despite being given every conceivable advantage - far far moreso than his two predecessors - then he needs to do the honourable thing and admit it and leave way for someone who does have the bollocks to believe in hisself.

Pellers got a far far weaker city side to within one goal of a champions League final.

Pep talks the club, the players and the fans down every season before the knockout stages and then we wonder why he is a failure on Europe. I'm getting a bit tired of it to be honest.

You know why people don't react to Mancini or Pellegrini the same way as Guardiola? Because he's the best coach of his generation, one of the best ever, and has lead this club to unprecedented levels of success.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said on Saturday.

They aren't good enough now, they need to accept it, get through it and improve.

He was correct that we are poor in both boxes, but he picks the players, so has to take the blame.
Such is life.

CTID

From The BBC
Pep Guardiola says Manchester City "might not be able to compete" with the best teams in Europe and have to "accept that reality".

His side lost 2-1 to local rivals Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday and trail leaders Liverpool by 14 points.

Last season, City won the domestic treble and retained the league title but have lost four games in 2019-20.

"We have to improve and accept it and move forward," said Guardiola.
"[Manchester] United have the quality to defend and the quality to attack on the counter-attack and you have to accept that," he added.

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

"Maybe we need to live that as a club to improve, to accept the reality now and improve."

Sounds like surrender talk to me. Whether he feels it or not he should be keeping that sort of shit to himself.
Honestly, Pep, shut the fuck up with this shit. I’m getting sick to fucking death of it! Why does he keep on coming out with this line? Whether it’s about history of success, about the fans not believing we’re an elite club, whether we can’t compete, whether it’s bigging up the Cartel, he’s coming out with that line of thinking on a monthly and sometimes weekly basis.

I've said this in another thread, but I do think it's time for the team to evolve slightly and change the way in which we attack and defend. Would honestly love to see us utilise a back three, and I think the players we have would be perfect for the system.

Most sides we're playing now are using a low block so having two strikers will suit us much more as well as improving the press.

Ederson
Walker Dinho Otamendi
Cancelo Rodri Foden Mendy
KDB
Aguero Sterling/Jesus

Did we really just brief that Pep's contract has a break clause in it? Multiple papers running it at the same time...

Last edited:
Did we really just brief that Pep's contract has a break clause in it? Multiple papers running it at the same time...

IF this has been leaked by City then the only explanation is that we want to know if he’s doing the rebuild, and signing a new extended deal. If he’s not prepared to commit then we are probably thinking it’s best to replace this coming summer so that the new man can choose his players.

I would have been amazed if Pep's contract didn't have a clause where he could walk away whenever he wanted.

At Barcelona he only ever signed 1 year contracts so that he had that freedom.

I would have been amazed if Pep's contract didn't have a clause where he could walk away whenever he wanted.

At Barcelona he only ever signed 1 year contracts so that he had that freedom.
Thats not really the amazing part. The club choosing to leak that fact is much more interesting (if in fact that's what happened, I'm not quite sure yet).

Pep could of signed a contract for 10 years and walk away after 2 if he wanted! So this headline by a rag is a load of bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.