Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said explain to me the correct way to set up against Lyon's deep 5-3-2 Block?

Maybe you can't?
If he wanted to try something crazy he could have taken a page out of Leipzig's book. Start Mendy instead of Cancelo and then two of Mahrez/Bernardo/Foden instead of Sterling and Jesus. Hog the ball in attacking midfield and drag the defenders out of the box and use the overlapping fullbacks to get in behind.

But that is probably too much tinkering.

Why? What has he done that Mancini/Pellegrini didn’t/couldn’t?

The owners have spent close to £1b in signings, salary, buying Girona etc to get Pep - I’m sure they were expecting more than 2/4 titles and annual European exit at the quarters.

He’s a decent manager, but he’s never overachieved anywhere, and that’s the true standard of greatness.

this is lol worthy, and the epitome of hot takes, who did better than him at city or barcelona? who were iniesta, dani alves, pique, busquets, pedro before him? who was alaba, kimmich? this man changed the way football is played, not bad for a decent manager ffs

You can get into the tactical minutia of what did and didn't work, but Pep has been knocked out by Monaco, Spurs and Lyon now in 3 of his 4 years at City. There is no, repeat no other big team at the top of the world game that gets knocked out by lesser teams so frequently. Frequently enough for it to be a norm. No teams are gonna be afraid of us in the CL and generating that fear is half the battle. Pep has just failed in the CL at City, you can try and spin it anyway you want but not making the Semi finals once in half a decade with these players, with the opposition we've faced? It's failure.

You lot are off ya nuts blaming pep.

the players were all horrid Evening in your system for the second half they were crap apart from 15 min spell .

DID PEPS SYSTEM MAKE EDERSON MAKE 3 mistakes , or laporte play like Richard dunne ???

no one thing is on pep is starting dinho , guys finished.
Another post on eddie

Pep literally just said we played well in the second half in the same formation as the first half, and he didn't change just add a more attacking player.

He's just said it on live TV.
He is lying,we all Have eyes,he is never going to say I got it wrong

Shackled the best attacking side in europe,frightened by lyon ffs

Pep got it wrong in a big game again.

3 CBs??? When’s the last time we played with such a formation. Ridiculous decision.

433 formation wins the game easy. Second half showed it. Fuck

I said explain to me the correct way to set up against Lyon's deep 5-3-2 Block?

Maybe you can't?

Width, attacking numbers with good movement and creativity of which we had zero first half.

Your post is idiotic.

I tell you what for free wum, playing 3 centre backs, two defensive midfielders and a right wing back who can't play a smart pass, isn't the best idea for breaking down a packed defence.

Last edited:
He is lying,we all Have eyes,he is never going to say I got it wrong

Shackled the best attacking side in europe,frightened by lyon ffs

Firstly, that's got no relevance to the conversation I was having which was about if we still played 532 with Mahrez on (we did)

Secondly, you're wrong (shock!)

"We lost, so my plan didn't work. Knowing that we don't have fast centrals, we didn't want to go toe-to-toe with the forwards. We ended up failing in both areas. It was a mistake, and we have to accept it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.