Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed that Pep didn't take more responsibility for this in his press conference.
Same here ,implied was all On the players not doing good,i just posted elsewhere he drilled it into them to be afraid in this game so what did he expect,very let down and disappointed that he didn't take it all in his own shoulders,gone down a bit in my estimation ,this was his fuck up,three years running,he should own it,i am really pissed off with that,kev was clearly not impressed,if he didn't have a new baby to concentrate on I think there would have been a massive row

Pep drilled it into them all week that they needed to be afraid today ,then backs it up with the team selection,one minute you are the best attacking side in the world so press and be aggressive and confident,you can't mess with their heads like that
Then the players are mentally weak. World class players look towards the manager for answers, accept changes and never let their confidence drop. A change in formation should be a positive sign that the manager and coaching stuff are doing everything to maximize our chances of success. If the "correct" way to win the CL is to just trust the players and let them choose the formation, then we can replace Pep with a cheerleader and motivational gurus.

Reminds me of when Mourinho got old, he's haunted by past failings and can't get over it. He had the near perfect model 2 years ago and we let a coach attack and off field politics go unchecked, the result being we've looked to the pitch for failings that were barely there and in 2 years he's managed to completely disassemble what he built.

4-2-3-1, blistering wingers, high tempo and a ruthless spine who took no shit. Simple as that.
He hasn't been the same in CL since RM dismantled his Bayern team in the semis.

True but we didn't deal paricularly well with both first and second goals. Pep can't completely legislate for that.
If you look at all three goals there are three errors, Walker not keeping up with Cornet, aside the fact he played the initial player on. The second goal came from Laporte giving the ball away, the third a goalkeeping error.
Ederson had maybe four things to do all game and with three of them he picked the ball out of the net.

Then the players are mentally weak. World class players look towards the manager for answers, accept changes and never let their confidence drop. A change in formation should be a positive sign that the manager and coaching stuff are doing everything to maximize our chances of success. If the "correct" way to win the CL is to just trust the players and let them choose the formation, then we can replace Pep with a cheerleader and motivational gurus.
They are human,it was shocking to make them afraid to put a foot wrong and be afraid of lyon,they were not madrid or bayern ffs ,this is his insecurity projected onto the team and not the other way around,they have played one way for four years,it is difficult and against their instincts to go ultra defensive,it is a skill set,it takes more than a few days training

They are human,it was shocking to make them afraid to put a foot wrong and be afraid of lyon,they were not madrid or bayern ffs ,this is his insecurity projected onto the team and not the other way around,they have played one way for four years,it is difficult and against their instincts to go ultra defensive,it is a skill set,it takes more than a few days training
So play the way you know best and play the same team that just beat Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.