Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi told diference between Pep and other managers is that "Pep tell you what will happen in field before the match, and when match is finish you see that has happened".

Pep influences in a "chess way". He knows how to put himself in the mind of the opposing manager: "he will do that if we do this, and he will do this if I try to show this, and he thinks that about us and I will show him he is right but maybe no because I can change my orders, etc...".

Also Pep said in catalan TV that "there a lot of players with talent in this world but just a few with a mental power for be a top".

For exemple Ricardo Quaresma was a guy with a lot of talent. This guy have football in all part of his body, but he havent a good mentality and thats why he never reached glory.

Pep resists temptation with guys like Yaya, Ronaldinho, Ibrahimovic, Etoo... guys with a very talent but bad attitude. Other managers dont do that. Other manager think "that guy is a mess, but he is a great player on the field, so I keep this guy in my team".

Pep's been getting the most out of the squad for this fantastic run of games and it feels almost as though we are seeing more than the sum of it's parts at times. Add in a fit, on form and firing Sterling, Mahrez and KDB for the business end of the season. Then Aguero and Jesus with their scoring boots on and... no I don't want to jinx it.

He will be the greatest manager of our generation, end of debate.

And probably many more.

If this ends up as 3 of 4, with dozens of records being broken and a “comeback” and tactics this season that have quieted every single doubter, he will be in the pantheon of Premier League greats.

The fact that he will have done it in the 3 biggest leagues in the world? Well, that makes you GOAT material!

People have their own opinions, so nothing is ever considered a given in such a tribal environment, but when THE PLAYERS say it...well, that just seals it!

At this point, the PL has to be considered almost over. From here, I don’t care about the Carabao or FA Cup, but the CL would be the cake, icing, cream and cherry on the top!

He has no concept of anything less than perfection.

In a good way,he's never happy.
Bloody hell you must have a good mentality to play for him though. He went absolutely ape shit at Raheem and Kev yesterday when they gave up the ball. The players must be resilient as hell or he also showers them with 'love' to balance when he is going rabid at their errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.